1/24/14

January 23, 2014

Bri's birthday was as close to perfect as it could have been! I went to cross-fit at 5, and as soon as it was over I headed to Jubilee. I knew waking up to helium filled balloons would be the best thing ever for my little bday girl! Luckily, the manager who works that early in the morning was able to fill the balloons. I headed home, threw up some birthday banners, put the balloons all around the table, wrapped presents, and placed them right where she could see them when she came out of Bronson's room (she sleeps in there now… it's adorable!). Jake and I got ready for the day, and then we woke up the kids. Bri was gleaming… She loves being the birthday girl! She was so pleased with her balloons and decorations. We couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. Bronson loved all the excitement as well. After playing we hurried and got ready and took Bri to school. She brought cupcakes for all her friends, and she couldn't wait to hand them out. Bronson and I went and did some shopping waiting for her to finish up. Bronson was so tired, but I really wanted him to wait until we got home for his nap. He will not transfer from the car to his bed. My Mom called about 10 minutes before we were heading to get Bri and said she was finished with work for the day. We made the plan that she would pick Bri up, go to lunch, hang out with Papa, and then bring her over after Bronson woke up. It was great, and I knew it would make Brilee so happy to have a Grammy day. So, Bronson and I headed home. It took all I had to keep him awake. He woke up 3 hours later, I went walking, Josie came and hung out, and then I hurried and cooked Bri's special dinner. Bri got home just after 5, and she had Grammy, Stac, and Charlie with her. We ate her favorite food… Mac-N-Cheese and sloppy joes. We then sung to her with the cake she had decorated herself. After that she called Granny and asked her to bring over her cousins. (Granny had made an experimental eggless cake that she wanted to try out.) So Granny, Gramps, Donny, and the Laws and Michaelson kids came over. It was an instant party! We sang again, Bri opened presents, we ate cake and ice cream, the kids played their hearts out, and then everyone went home. Bri laid out all her new American Girl toys by her bed in Bronson's room and asked if she could go to bed. We got Bronson ready and they both were asleep as soon as their little heads hit their pillows. It was the best day.










No comments: