1/5/14

Good Day

Yesterday was such a good day. We slept in until 8, and then spent the next thirty minutes laying in bed playing with the kiddos. (Bri kinda scared us first thing in the morning though. Jake checked her room after he got Bronson up, and she wasn't in there. He looked in the living room, and she wasn't there either. Luckily, she was walking up the stairs right then. She claims the love sac is more "Comfey-table" than her bed.) We finally drug ourselves out of bed, and made some breakfast. Jake went to do chores, and then I decided I would head to Vernal around 10:30 so Bronson could nap over there. But, around 10 the Hendersons stopped by! It was so great visiting with them. They left around 11:30 and Jake had the people from Price back to buy some horses again. So, he went over there and I ran to the vet for him. Bronson fell asleep before we were out of my driveway so I decided to kill time to let him get a longer nap. After the vet I went to see how the horse business was doing and the Henderson's were there too. So, we made dinner plans. We were happy to see the guy didn't get bucked off any of our horses, and then I went to Vernal. I dropped my kids off at my parents, and met some good friends at Ichiban for lunch. I love visiting with these girls, and think it's so cool we have all known each other for so long. It's nice having friends going through the same joys, struggles, and triumphs so we all understand one another. After lunch I picked Bri up and we met Trisha, Emma, and Jacsyn at the ice skating rink. I was nervous how Brilee would do with it all. She had decided she didn't want to go, but Jake insisted I make her try it. As soon as we got there she was fine though! Emma and her little friend pushed Bri and Jacsyn around in the support things for about a half hour. Then Bri and Jacsyn came out and Emma asked if they could go skate. We said, "Of course!!!" But Bri and Jacs weren't finished either. I told them they had to do it by themselves and they both that was about the coolest thing ever. It took them a minutes to get the hang of it. They had to push the support things, skate, watch out for everyone else, and stay balanced. It wasn't long though, and both girls were cruising all around the rink. After about their fifth time around they were sweating. So, they took their coats and gloves off. (Bri was so mad I made her leave her hoodie on. She thought a tank top was good enough.) My parents and Bronson came to watch for a minute too. I thought Brilee would last tops 30 minutes, but at two hours I was forcing her out of there. We can't wait to go back, and are planning on having her birthday party there. We got home at 5:45 and I ran the kids in the house, and then hurried to the store. I bought salad stuff and raced back home. The Steffey's had beat me there. I made a salad, and the Henderson's, Harris', and Maryann showed up for dinner. When Hadley and HaDyn walked in Bri ran to them and they all embraced in the cutest hug. For not seeing each other very often they sure have a good bond. The kids went right downstairs and played their hearts out. We didn't seem them at all. The adults all visited and then Henderson suggested we play the infamous newspaper game with Jeremy. So, WE DID! I swear that game gets me laughing harder than anything else. Jeremy was hilarious (no Derrik, but close). We all had tears streaming down our face. My Jake is good, but Jake Henderson is the master at that game. As soon as Jeremy figured it out he started beating Jake with the club! The Steffie's left around 10, and everyone else went to leave too. We just kept visiting though. Around 11:30 everyone else took off. This time Bronson stayed up the whole time, and he was exhausted!!! He and Bri both crashed. We slept until 9 this morning… So nice!





 Wild kids!







The last lap around they asked to not use the pushers… It was adorable!

No comments: