1/19/14

First Time for Everything

Saturday was a big day. We got home from soccer, I put the kids down for a nap, Jake did chores, and then when he got home I got brave and decided to check out the grand opening of the new Roosevelt Cross-Fit. There was a work-out at 1, and so I went for it. As I waited in the gym I decided to sign up for a month. I paid, and then began the work-out. Reading it on the board my thoughts were, "This shouldn't be too bad." Then the warm-up began, and I was spent. After we were good and warm we began the work-out. It was only ten minutes… but I cannot explain the pain my body felt in that ten minutes. I left as soon as the work-out was finished. As I got to my car I couldn't decided if I would cry or puke. I did neither and the feeling left fast, but wow! It was great. I cannot hardly move today and I fear when I go back. WHEN I GO BACK. I am definitely going again. As soon as I finished I went home, took a quick shower, woke up my family, and we headed back to Vernal. We met Stac, Charlie, and Bailey at my parents. We said bye to the kids, and headed up the mountain. Our first stop was at the Lodge. We asked the guy there where we needed to go for ice. He said to Current Creek, which was another 2 hours away. UGH! We hopped back in our car (after spending 35 bucks on snacks… and we didn't even buy anything!) and headed towards Manilla. After passing through Manilla we decided to check out Buckport (I think) because it was getting dark and Jake wanted to see the ice in the day light. Luckily, there was ice. We geared up with all our warm gear and took off on the ice. It was CREEPY!!! Def. not for me. I was a nervous nelly the whole time we were out there. It didn't help that the ice was literally cracking and popping right underneath us. Every time it happened Jake would scream and that scared me. I asked him if it was normal and he said "Never like this." He was so scared too. It also sounded as if there were a distressed cow close to us. It was super dark and just freaky. The ice was about 6-10 inches (we don't really know) so I'm sure we were fine. Charlie caught a fish about 20 minutes after we started. That was exciting. Then about 10 minutes later he caught another. He told us "This is a big one!" We were all excited. He had to let the fish get tired before he could reel him in because he was so big. As soon as he came up Jake was yelling how big it was! Jake literally reached in the water to pull it out. GROSS DUDE! It was a monster. Jake then dug a hole right by Charlie's. He fished it for a little while, and then was over it. Jake's not much of a fisher, his mom told me today he never has been either. We walked to the car to get some sun flower seeds. On the way there Jake, Bailey, and I were freaking out about the guys by us who had a fire… ON THE ICE. Then the dude fell in not much after we were talking about them. He must have been fine because they were all laughing so hard, but I knew if it were me I wouldn't be fine. We decided we could make it another 30 minutes then we would head home. When we walked back out to the ice and Stac and Charlie said it was getting even scarier, and the guy falling in freaked them out. So they were packing up to go fish closer to the cars. Jake and Charlie dug another hole, Jake fished for five minutes, and then we decided to go. The drive home was way faster than the drive up. Lots of deer though. We dropped Bailey off, and were to my parents house by 10:30. The kids were sound asleep, and so we just stayed there. I loved when Bronson woke up in the middle of the night he yelled, "Gammy… Mine Gammy… Gammy." He wasn't scared to be there, and he knew who he needed to yell at to take care of him. I gave him a bottle, and he slept until 8. We then came home. Both kids are coughing today and so it was a low key day. We watched some football, in-between the American Girl movies we can't get enough of (seriously… they all have movies, and we have bought most of them!). We also went Granny's for some of her YUMMY donuts she made! That woman…  Loving this January!








We took some family pics on Christmas Eve and I finally downloaded them to my computer… I love them so I have to share them!








1 comment:

Candace and Brian said...

Oh man the ice fishing didn't sound too appealing. I'm a chicken with the cold & ice in general. You made it look fun though! We did go once during the DAY and we did enjoy it. Just haven't pushed to go back. Way to go with Cross Fit. That's amazing.