8/26/09

Monty and Pies

Uncle Del and Aunty Ann have been supplying Brilee with an AWESOME Beatrix Potter collection (Peter Rabbit). When she was born they sent her the whole collection, and I put them up on her book shelf to look at. Yesterday they sent Monty (who never made it in Peter Rabbit, but he is still awesome). I took him out of the box and had all intentions of putting him up on her shelf as well. As soon as I took him out of the box Brilee had a different idea. She grabbed him, and has kept him close since. He is really soft and she always is rubbing him against her face. I am not rocking her to sleep anymore and so I laid her in her bed and of course she started crying. I thought she would cry for awhile, but she quit within minutes. When I went to see what was going on she had snuggled up to Monty, and had gone to sleep. It was so cute! Thanks Uncle Del and Aunty Ann!





Granny made a peach pie on Sunday and it got me motivated to try it myself. Tuesday night I stopped on my way home from work and bought fresh peaches and all the ingredients! As soon as I put Brilee to sleep I got to work. I followed the recipe (or at least thought I did) but I couldn't get my sauce to thicken. I decided to add the jello and try it anyway. Well it didn't work, and so Jake fed it to the chickens. This evening Brilee went to bed at 7:30 and Jake was team sorting so I thought I would try again. Of course my sauce wouldn't thicken. I called Granny and told her what was going on and she said "You are using corn starch right?" Well, unfortunately I had been using corn syrup. I don't know what I was thinking! I poured it out started over, and WHALA we have a fresh peach pie that tastes delicious! (Especially with the homemade whip cream I made to go with it!)

3 comments:

Kami said...

The pies look really yummy! :) Good job!

Amy Elaine said...

Ohmygosh cute. Is monty a lamb? I can't believe that head of hair Brilee is growing. Also, way to go with the pies! I'm impressed by your persistence, they look yummy! Love you all!

BreAnna said...

That's all right. The first time dad made peach pie he bombed it.