8/22/09

Work, Football Game, and Sales Barn.


This is a random post of all the exciting things that have happened to us the last thirty-six hours! My Mom had to go back to school (not exciting) and so Bri Bear is back to work with me all day. I enjoy having her there, and she helps make the time go faster. However, I think she misses her time at Grandma and Grandpa's. How many more days until next summer? 
This was her first nap of the day. 
Brilee all the sudden decided she likes to stand. Oh, yes that is me with dark hair. The blonde and dark hair die got mixed up but I am liking it. Very different!
Aunt Stacia's last day of work. :(
Her second nap... she slept for three hours!


Friday night the Uintah Utes opened up their season by playing the Desert Hill's Thunder. I decided this would be a perfect game to take Brilee to because it is still so warm at night. We showed up right at kick off and she was in awe of all the things to look at. She was having a great time, and then the band started playing. I worried it would scare her because of how loud they are, but I was wrong. She thought the band was hilarious. She would giggle and squeal when they would play and people would dance for her. We only stayed until half time because she started getting tired. I could feel her relax and then startle at all the loud noises. She was asleep before we were out of the parking lot. It was great!
This was during the band's half time performance. She was impressed!


Jake has been wanting to buy cows for a long time. We have the feed for them this year, and so I have been all for it. We have been trying to get to the sale all summer, but between work, family reunions, shopping trips, and whatever else today was the first day we made it there. Jake bought a cool horse for ONE DOLLAR (and I had to talk him into buying it!). He was sure there was something wrong with it, but after looking it over it looks great. I think it is cute! We are naming it Dollar Bill. We also bought two heifer cows. Nothing like a Saturday morning spent at the Ballard Sale Barn.
Jake and Bri Bear walking in.
We met up with our good friend Jenny Henderson while we were there. This is her baby Haydn. She is such a sweetie, I could have loved on her all day long!
Brilee trying to bid on a baby goat! She kept waving her arm, luckily it is still a little arm so the auctioneer couldn't see it.
Passed out! A little girl can only handle so much fun until she has to sleep.


The lovely cows.
Here she is! She had never been touched before, and Jake had her broke to lead in ten minutes. I think we found a bargain! 

No comments: