7/1/09

Wyoming Downs

Last weekend Jake, Jeremy, Trisha, Brilee, Jacsyn, and I went to Evanston to watch the horse races. We went up to watch Mike Ivie's horses run. We left Saturday morning and had all intentions of coming home Saturday. We got to the races just in time for the first heat. Mike's horse ran in the sixth race and so Jake and Jeremy went back to the "barn" to help get it ready. Trisha and I made the most of our time and placed bets, played with the babies, and walked around. We had a lot of fun. After the races were over (Mike's horse did good, but didn't win) we started tossing the idea of spending the night around. I didn't think we really would, but when Trisha and I said we were cool with it the guys were really excited and we ended up staying. Jake and Jeremy went back to the barn with Mike so Trisha, Rebeca, Brilee, Jacsyn, Brooklynn, and I all went to Wal-Mart. We had to buy everything... but I am so glad we stayed! We found a cheap room (next time I think we will spend the extra ten dollars!) and had a great time. Sunday Mike had a horse running and so did some other people from Vernal. Again Trisha and I were left by our husbands and so we did a lot of betting (Jake probably won't want to leave me alone again with the betting tables RIGHT there!) and people watching. Brilee and Jacsyn made lots of friends at the races and were the best babies! Brilee slept a lot (my first hint she was getting sick) and Jacsyn played a lot! They were so fun. After the races we stopped and bought our illegal fireworks before heading home! The truck bed was full of them (we didn't even try to hide them). Jeremy got pulled over by Strawberry and we were so scared... but luckily the fireworks weren't noticed. I am sure the cop thought they were Utah fireworks because they were in plain sight. It was a great weekend! THANKS Jeremy and Trisha for the ride! We can't wait to go back (hopefully in two weeks)! 
I am still amazed she was able to sleep through all the noise!
LOVING the horse races!

Jake and Jeremy in stall seven!
Brooklynn, Brilee, Jacsyn hanging out in the strollers!
Family picture time!
First sleep over! They are so cute together.
Two chubbers! (Jacsyn is six weeks older than Brilee)
Jacsyn taking Brilee's binky.
Jake leaving our room.


1 comment:

Trisha said...

I am laughing as I read your post :) Thanks for such a fun weekend, we will for sure have to do it again!