3/29/12

Change of Plans

Our plans have changed since my last update. I went to my regular doctor appointment on Monday, and low and behold, my blood pressure was high. I was expecting this, but hoping for the best. After visiting with the doctor he asked me to lay down for ten minutes, and then we would try it again. Unfortunately, it was still high fifteen minutes later. We went and did an ultra sound, and everything looked great with Bronsen! Doctor Nolte said, "I have to send you to labor and delivery. Just go in there, lay down, watch tv, relax, and it will go down." Sounds easy enough! I got there, and it was 152/103 (in his office it was 146/92). Huge let down! I relaxed, and did just what he said. I hoped to be there an hour. After a couple hours he decided to do blood work. Lab showed up, and then Doctor Nolte came and had me lay on my left side. I had been contracting the whole time, but I couldn't tell so he didn't seem to worried. I fell asleep at this point, and somehow unplugged the monitor. When I woke up I looked at the monitor and saw ?/? NOOOOO! I was sure when I was sleeping my numbers would be great, and then I could leave. Doctor Nolte came back as the nurse was fixing the monitor. He said my labs looked great, and now I just needed three readings to look OK (as long as I get my bottom number under 90 he considers it ok). I got the first one, and second one. Then I started getting excited thinking "YES!!! This is it..." Then I got scared that I was getting to excited so I made myself go back to sleep. It worked. I got released! My appointment was at 9:15 that morning, and I hurried out the door without breakfast. My thought was, "we will stop on our way to work." HORRIBLE plan. I will never do that again. I am now to be VERY careful, and VERY limited on what I do. This got me thinking about Brilee's procedures, and the thought of them made my blood pressure go up. I have decided we are going to do ear tubes, but tonsils and adenoids will be decided when I am more capable of dealing with things. Last night Brilee kept telling me "I'm not feeling much better." and "I'm sick huh?" I couldn't figure it out, but figured she was just being silly. Jake and I have been really sticking to her bed time routine, but last night we kinda forgot. She was playing, and we were watching TV. She got her book and came up to us and said, "Are you even going to put me to sleep?" haha we assured her we were. We read to her, and did the routine. She likes to sleep with her light on, but knows if she gets out of bed that means the light is off. She kept yelling at us, "Hey. I am trying to puke." We assumed she just wanted out of bed so we told her, "Well, try not to then." We went to bed, and it wasn't long before Bri was in bed with us. I decided I didn't care, and Jake must have to, because she was there. At 2:00 Jake is up gagging, and all confused. I didn't know what was going on, and Bri was bawling... THEN PUKING. and puking more, and more, and more. It was so sad. Jake cleaned himself and the bed up while I was rocking Bri. She was shaking, and her belly was just grumbling. It was so hot rocking her, and finally I realized it was because Bri was BURNING up. I had Jake get the thermometer, and one look on his face I knew it was high. He did a second test and sure enough 104.6 was the average of the two... (We then both took our temperatures to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and we were both in the 97 degree range). So we got medicine in her, made her a bed in the living room, turned on Barney, and tried to rest. It was a long night. I am trying to save all the leave I can, but I knew my Mom was planning on subbing for Stacia for a few hours. So, I was on the phone at 6 this morning trying to arrange everything. The plan was for Bri to go to Julie's, but we didn't want her getting them sick. So, my Mom came over, and then Barry came over when it was time for my Mom to go. It worked slick, and I am so appreciative for them and everything everyone does for us!!!!! I know I will go home to all my laundry being done, and my house cleaned. I am so lucky, and sooooooooo grateful!!!!!!

2 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

High blood pressure is no fun. I made many trips to the OB to get monitored. Hopefully your little guy will stay cooking for a little bit longer. I'm sorry that Bri is getting the sicky bug a lot lately. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Kami said...

Keep us posted on everything. Sorry Brilee is/was sick. It's never fun when your kids get sick! I miss you!