3/5/12

Canceled Trip=Girl Trip

We had to cancel our annual ski trip this year. My Dad can't ski because of his shoulder, Del decided to get a job that keeps him super busy, and Bronsen can't be trusted outside of the Basin for the next little while... So, we were bummed. Brilee LOVES to stay in notels aka MOTELS. She is obsessed with swimming, elevators, sleeping in their beds, and ice machines. Stacia had to go help Macy with some wedding dress shopping this weekend, and so she suggested we all go out. I decided I had one more weekend in me, and my Mom was game so we went. We got out there around 11 on Saturday and went right to the Gateway. We did a little shopping, and then left Stacia to meet Macy. Bri, Grammy, and I headed up to GMA/PA's condo where we enjoyed lunch and visiting with the Bullocks. After some resting we got brave and headed to Babies-R-Us. Bri fell asleep about the time we got there. GMA Cooley volunteered to sit in the car with her. It was very kind, and Brilee was much better off for her nap. My Mom and I headed in and got all sorts of last minute baby items. After our baby shopping it was Costco time. Costco at 106 South is ALWAYS crazy, but Saturdays are the WORST! No parking. My mom dropped me off at the door. I ran in got the few things we couldn't live without, and then called her and her pick me up at the front. Stac called and said they were finished, and we decided to meet her at Cheesecake Factory (surprise... dinner was my choice!). The Youngs' dropped her off right as we were pulling in. She went in to get a number and they told her it was an eighty minute wait. FORGET THAT (or so we thought)! We headed down state street deciding where we would go instead. Stac and I decided Training Table... we LOVE cheese fries and special dipping sauce! We knew there was one on Fourth South so we headed there. Yea, they were closed. By this point we were starving, and had been in the car forever!!!! We remembered Red Robin right underneath my grandparents condo, and that's where we ended up. Red Robin is way good, and it was perfect!!! After dinner we dropped GMA off and headed to the hotel. Bri was so excited. We got checked in and she immediately went swimming. Stactook her. I stayed back and rested. She got cold fast, and so she came back and took a warm bath. We ended up relaxing and going to be early. Bri didn't sleep well during the night (to much excitement and diet coke), and she was up early. We finally went with it and got up and ready. We went to McD's for breakfast. Stac was taking her into the play area when I heard a loud bang. I looked back and said to my Mom, "She just bonked hard." I knew it was bad when she was still holding her breath when I got to her. She finally let out a scream, and we checked out the damage. We are sooooo lucky it didn't end in stitches. The corner of the door got her just right. She hit hard enough to split her little head, but not split it wide. POOR GIRL! I was relieved it was on the other side from her horrible bonk this fall. We said our farewell's toGMA/PA and hit the road. Bri fell asleep in Parley's and woke up in Myton. Perfect drive for her and us. Thank you so much Mom for the trip! We loved it... but should have taken more pictures!!!!!
WHOOT WHOOT! VS was having a sale on their "lips". Brilee is obsessed with make-up, but especially lips. (Yes, she does have make-up on. No, I am not a Toddler's and Tiara's type mom. Stacia did her make-up...)