3/25/12

Good/Then Bad

Here I am on another Sunday night updating the blog. Our weeks are so busy that it feels like this is the only chance I get to update. This week has been wonderful! Jake, Donny, and Woody got our posts all set on Tuesday for our patio. Wednesday J. Harris' crew showed up to get the back patio prepped for cement. Early Thursday morning they were there pouring the cement and giving us a beautiful patio! (Thanks so much to Jeremy and his crew!!!) Then Friday Derrik came and curbed our front yard. It looks AWESOME!!! HUGE thanks to Derrik, too!!! We have the best friends and family :) Brilee and I went to work and swim lessons. Those two things are more than enough for us! Friday night the Parrack girls came over to ride horses and hang out. Saturday we were able to play outside, and Jake took Bri on a long horse ride! Today we spent the morning at the park. This afternoon Jake and I went to Hunger Games. I loved it, and Jake tolerated it. I didn't take pictures this week, but here are three videos I combined into one: diving board at swim lessons, horse riding, and dancing! Enjoy...

Friday morning we braced Brilee for another doctor visit. The on call PA advised we let Dr. Catten look in her ears. He said the tubes were clogged, doing nothing, and probably struggling to come out on their own. We made the appointment, and I had a pretty good idea going into it that there would be follow-up arrangements made. I was right... After asking us a few questions about Brilee, the most significant seeming to be "Does she snore?" Dr. Catten checked her out. Her ears were still infected (even being on antibiotics), and he said she definitely need new tubes. He said her tonsils were big, and where she snores he just would like to remove them all the same day. So, on April 2nd Brilee will be having her tonsils and adenoids removed, and new ear tubes placed. It freaks me out, and I hate it... BUT I do know it is probably for the best?!?!?!?! ugh!!!!! Poor girl...

2 comments:

Matt and Kaylin said...

Poor girl. I hope everything goes alright.

Amy Elaine said...

Poor little sweetie! That sounds rough, Kels. Bryan had his tonsils out in December (at the ripe old age of 24) and they kept saying how much more difficult the recovery is for adults. So, it's probably good that they're taking care of it while she's a little one. I'll be thinking of you all! Lots of love.