3/11/12

Spring Cleaning




We had a busy weekend! Thursday Jake was talking to the guys at work about burning his field. He wanted to borrow some things, and get some tips. Scott and Ryan said, "If you do it tonight we can help." That's all Jake needed! The three of them jumped in the "van" (infamous van of Scott's) and headed to Rosey town. I stayed in Vernal to take Bri to swim lessons. Grammy and I went and watched Brilee, and she did awesome! She was perfect. She got out of the water and said, "That was so much fun." YEA!!!! As we were driving home I saw smoke at half way hollow. I called Julie and said, "Is that Jake's smoke I see twenty miles away?" She confirmed what I already knew. She also said it was going really well. The smoke got thicker as I got to Roosevelt, and by dark the smoke had completely settled. Sorry neighbors! The burn looked great though. I had some people coming over for a craft night, and so Jake and Brilee were put on fire duty. We all had a good night. Friday I went to work, and Jake and Bri stayed home to do chores. Jake dug out the area we are going to be putting an extension to our patio. The ground is still frozen, so he did all he could do. He then went and put shoes on a couple of the Bowen's horses. Brilee tagged along, and was so good for Jake. My Mom headed over around noon to help out, and I couldn't stand working with the weather being so good. I took a half day, and got to do a little work myself in the yard! Not much, but it was so amazing to just be outside. We burnt our front field, weeds behind the house, and everything else we could find. We worked really hard, and started getting tired. Brilee was so sun burnt by this time, and EXHAUSTED. Jake has been looking at upgrading her saddle to one with a deeper seat, and made more for a kid for a long time now. He finally found the one he wanted, and so he ordered it for her. It came Thursday night, and so by Friday evening he was dying to get her in it. It's the perfect saddle for her, and has already improved her balance a ton. She can now run without needing any assistance. Brilee pleased her Dad and went and rode. She came home, took a bath (she was sooooooo dirty), and fell asleep while I was putting her pj's on her. Jake and I followed suit and were asleep EARLY! Saturday we woke up early, and get working on our list. I put together Bronsen's swing and stroller. Jake went and rebuilt the horses fence. Bri and I then went to Julie's to watch her burn her field. I sat outside on the grass for way to long, and I got way sunburned too! It feels good though. After we got home the Nyberg's stopped by so we could measure for our curbing! We are so excited... two more weeks!!!! We had all the plans in the world to go in and call it a day, but Granny's house was hopping with kids. Brilee could hear them out playing, and she kept trying to sneak over there. Jake and I caved and took her over. He saddled Goldie and Stubby and gave all the kids turns riding. It was a lot of fun for the kids. Today Jake trimmed our neighbors horses, we moved our camper, and then decided to go have fun! We went to the sand dunes. Jake rode his colt, Jaylie rode Goldie, and Bri, Chaz, and I rode the wheeler. It was great. Jaylie is a really good little rider. After riding we went to Dathen's 18th birthday party!!!! Got home, and are calling it an early night again tonight. WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

No comments: