1/15/12

Team Sorting

Jake asked me on Tuesday what I thought about going to Heber for the weekend so he could compete in the team sorting competition. I said I thought it was a bad idea because Bri was sick. We didn't talk about it again, and Friday I was bored wondering what we would do all weekend. I remembered the Heber thing so I called Jake to ask if he wanted to go still. He said he did but we would have to leave in an hour. Jake asked Bryce if he could borrow a horse (saved us from having to pull our trailer), and he already had one loaded. So it was meant to be! We took off, checked into the hotel, found the arena, went to dinner, and then went our separate ways. Bear and I went to shop for the baby in PC, and Jake went to ride. Bri and I had a blast shopping, and then we went to cheer for Jake. He did really well. Afterwards we got ice cream at the Train. We saw all of Rosey Town there! We slept good, and when we woke up we let Bri swim. Jake and I just sat at the edge and watched her. She was so big, and had so much fun. We then went to Gma and Gpa Cooley's to hang out. It was great to see them, and Grandpa looked great! We then let Bri build-a-bear for her birthday. So much fun! She loved it. We headed home and got here in just enough time for Jake to shave his head before the retirement party for Jake's boss and another lady who works with him. The party was very nice, and we were all exhausted by bed time!!!!



Her chosen bear!


This was her first pick, but changed her mind right before it was her turn.


Stuffing the bear.

Picking out her sound. She chose Happy Birthday.

All dressed and ready to go!


Jake and Johnny got called upon during Benna's farewell speech of what she would miss. She said that Jake, Johnny, and Kade (who was a loser and didn't come) were the "Hoodie Brothers. They are always together, they dress exactly alike, they talk alike, and they do the same things." It was funny, and so true! She bought them Amigo hats.




1 comment:

Jen said...

Fun! :) I've known Benna and Jamie FOREVEr--they are both really good friends of my dad's (particularly Benna). That's fun that you guys were at their party, too. :)