1/1/12

Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

We have had the best holiday season! I say that every year, but I really mean it every year. Thanksgiving was perfect! We spent the day at the Bullock's, and loved having the time to catch up with everyone. Amy and Bryan were amazing and did all the cooking, and we did all the eating! Brilee fell asleep on her Daddy right before dinner, so she kind of missed out. After Turkey Day we were able to celebrate GPA Cooley's 80th b-day. It was so fun! We came home and decorated for Christmas! Brilee was so much fun this year. She was totally into Santa, she loved her Advents (thanks Amy!!!!), the naughty elf kept her on her toes, and her life was complete magic for the past month. Jake went to North Dakota, and had the time of his life (again)! I started my FURLOUGH from work (I go back 2/13/12). I love being able to enjoy the Christmas spirit at home, and not having to go to work. My parents had their AWESOME Santa party. Brilee was so big, and had NO trouble sitting on Santa's lap and talking to him. Jake and I love watching how grown up she is becoming. We had our big ultra sound the day before we left for California. We are having a healthy baby boy (best present ever!). The name discussions have officially begun. We headed to Las Vegas and throughly enjoyed our night there. We woke up early and were excited to get to Lake Arrowhead! We love our Christmas traditions. We went shopping early this year so Stac could come. It was as fun as ever! Christmas Eve we were able to eat at Belgian Waffle, feed ducks, and enjoy the day with family. Brilee loved everything! Bri left marshmallows, cookies, and milk for Santa and the reindeer. She went to sleep slowly. She slept good, and awoke to all her Christmas dreams come true. She had everything she could imagine. Her list to Santa included an American Girl Doll ("a merry girl doll"), and a bike. She received way more than her list included. She is a lucky duck! Thank you to everyone, from her and us. Sadly, our vacation came to an end and we had to come home. It was nice to be home and be able to see Carly!!! Josie had a big dinner at her house, and it was wonderful way to catch up with everyone's busy life. We were able to spend the next day visiting at my parents house. For New Year's Eve Jake and I had a party. We wanted to experience hosting in our new house, and it was so much fun! I laughed until I cried, and Jake experienced a laughing head ache. So grateful for great friends (and that Derek is a good sport haha)! My New Year resolution is to be a better blogger, and picture taker (I have no Xmas morning pictures, sooo sad!). I am going to update frequently and make a book at the end of 2012. It's an easy thing to do, and it will be so worth it when I want to look back at all our fun memories. Happy 2012 to all! 






2 comments:

Kami said...

I love reading your blog. Brilee is so cute and I am so excited for you about a baby boy! :) I print my blog off and scrapbook it. It's nice and fun to look back on all the year's memories. Don't you just love blogging?

Jen said...

Baby boy!!!! Hooray!!! Sooooo exciting! :) That's really fun! I'm glad you had such a fabulous holiday season!