12/5/10

A week to remember...

Last Sunday Jake, his brothers, dad, uncles, and cousins all left to go Pheasant hunting in North Dakota at 0430. They had a great time. Jake has said numerous times since coming home, "It was everything I could have hoped for. I have been wanting to go up there since I was 15, and there was no let down." Scott Montgomery informed me Thursday that he had talked with Jake and he was pretty sure we would be moving to North Dakota soon. Brilee and I missed him, but we are glad he had so much fun! 
Sunday I headed to Richfield for a meeting on our NIFPOR's fire budgeting system. I left Sunday because the meeting started early Monday morning, and I didn't want to be leaving my house at 0400. I traveled with Stacia and Macy. The roads were rough, but we made it. I was just getting checked into my hotel room when my phone rang. Susan Marzec's name was on my caller ID and I knew what was coming! "Kelsey, hello. I am going to cancel our meeting for tomorrow. The weather is just not safe to travel in. What is the weather doing where you are at?" Ugh... well I am in Richfield. 
Friday was my last day of work until February 14, 2011!!!!!! I am so excited for my time off. I have a lot of things I want to accomplish, but the NUMBER ONE priority is potty training! I hope it works for us. For our last day of work we had a potluck lunch. It was way fun. After work we met at Julie's and got ready for our big chocolate dipping Saturday. We set up tables, boxes, made peanut butter, and rolled the peanut butter out. 
Saturday morning Jake got a call from his friend Richie who said he had a lion track, but his dogs were all sore. Jake told him to come get his dogs, and then Jake decided he and Brilee should go with Richie. We got Brilee all winterized and she and Jake took off after a lion. She was SOOOO excited. They couldn't find where the lion crossed back on the road so they turned the dogs lose on a bob cat. As soon as Yodi was released Brilee got concerned. She kept yelling "Yodi, Yodi, Yodi, come back. Where are you Yodi." Jake loved it.
Saturday we started working on the chocolates around 1000 and quit around 2100. It was a long day! We made a lot of chocolates and had a lot of fun doing it. I am so glad the Birchell's have this fun tradition, and I am even happier my Mom has made it apart of our tradition too. Thanks to everyone for all the work that goes into this fun day. (Especially Julie, for letting us bombard her house!!!!!!!)
Chocolates: (For our memory!)
We need 40 pizza boxes.
We need to be prepared to order a Subway Platter for Saturday evening.
We did three cookie sheets full of cherries.
We did 1.5 batches of Orange flavored fondant.
.5 of raspberry, Granny didn't like it, but Julie and I do!
3 batches of Almond Joy fondant.
3 batches of peanut butter.
5 Bricks of regular carmel (NOT ENOUGH!!!!)
7 bricks of carmel for turtles. (3 boxes extra... TOO MUCH!!!!)
60 degrees is the ideal temp!
We only need to buy little boxes next year (we have PLENTY of med./large boxes)
We need 150-175 little boxes. 
We want coconut extract
We need to start at 0900


Today was our first official day of potty training. It was a long day that tested our patience, but by this evening I think she was getting it. We will see what tomorrow brings... 
Have we ever mentioned how much we love this little girl??? WE SURE DO!!!!!!
Jake and his Dad after a day of hunting... looks cold to me!
Big girl Brilee (who was ready for bed, and more than ready to be done with her first day of potty training)!


I love our tree!

2 comments:

The Nybergs said...

I am so glad you are done with work for a while! We will have so much fun! Also, the pic of Bri going potty is one of those she will look back on and want to destroy! Its cute though!

Kami said...

Potty training can be hard! :)

I love your Christmas decorations and your tree too! :)