9/19/09

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

I don't know what people traditionally do on Talk Like a Pirate Day (other than the obvious) but in our family we did a lot of canning! Today Granny and her helpers made a batch of salsa and a batch of spaghetti sauce. We didn't talk like pirates either. We are coming to an end on the canning season and I think everyone is ready! 
Here are Granny's goods. (We all have shelves at our house full of these goods too!) THANK YOU SO MUCH!
More goods.

Ben and Andre's spaghetti sauce.
All the peppers and onions for the Laws' salsa. We were all in their crying our eyes out thanks to the onions!
The tomatoes.
All mixed together! YUM!

4 comments:

The Nybergs said...

We have been canning a ton this year too! Yesterday was a batch of salsa and two batches of tomato soup!!!! I am glad it is almost over this year, but I love to have it in the winter!

Veronica and TJ said...

I have wanted to can Salsa for the longest time but I never think about it until someone else does it. Haha, someday.

BreAnna said...

I'm glad cannning seasons is almost over! Now we have to put all the cans down stairs.

Kami said...

Yummy! I love homemade salsa! You'll have to give me your recipe! I have my sister-in-laws! It's just so yummy!