9/7/09

Another Day at the Cabin!

We went to the cabin yesterday. It was such a nice day, we had so much fun! Jake and I went on a horse ride to the top of Lake Mountain and off into Dry Fork to scout for elk. I rode Uma (of course) and Jake rode Coyote. As soon as we got to the top of the mountain it started raining, lightning, and thundering. We quickly went into the trees and got off our horses. We sat there getting rained on waiting for the lightning to stop. When it finally did we decided we could handle a little rain. We took off again off to Dry Fork. We rode through some down timber and then decided we were being to loud on the horses. We tied them up and took off down into Dry Fork. We saw lots of deer, but we didn't see one elk. When we got back to the horses it had started to hail. It hurt so bad, and we were getting so cold. We hung out in the trees again and when the hail stopped we took off on a run to get off the mountain before the next storm came through. We made it down the mountain in 48 minutes. I was proud of us. I hadn't been on a ride like that in almost two years, and I forgot how fun it was. I love going places with Jake, it seems like it is always such an adventure. While we were gone Brilee went on a walk with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Stacia, and Michael. She also took a little nap with Grandpa. Thank you so much for watching her for us so we could go! We had a blast, and we were all exhausted by the time we got home last night. 

Such a big girl at the cabin.
Right after he put her on his shoulders she pulled out his hearing aides. She has the quickest little hands.
We love ole' Uma Jean!
Taking off. 
Nothing like a nap at the cabin.
They went to Loggers Road to go on their walk. They were glad they had Michael to push the stroller up the rocky hill. They all had to take a turn pushing, but I hear Michael had to push the majority.
Grandma's turn!
Grandpa's turn!
Stacia's turn pushing Bri Bear!
I would like to tell myself Brilee is sad when Jake and I are not with her. This picture tells me differently. 
Brilee's first time on a horse! I was a little nervous so she was only on long enough to get a picture taken.
Yummy dinner! Steak, crab, salsa, corn, cantaloupe, pasta salad, and apple cobbler!
We wanted to look for Moose sheds and so we started walking around. Jake started saying "I think I found something. It looks like a bowling ball. HAHAHA It is a bowling ball." Probably the most random thing I have ever found on the mountain. We won't tell you what else we found!
UGH the grass! We took three different pictures and there were issues with all of them! We did have a fun Rhino ride though. 
Brilee and Mommy!
Remember the smile I told you about... HERE IT IS AGAIN (in a cheesier version)! I think it is so funny.
Our MPG on our way to the cabin was 5.2, but on the way home we hit 98.8! (Something tells us we may have a problem!)

4 comments:

Bradleys said...

I love seeing your parents with Brilee. So cute, especially the nap! That crab and steak meal looks amazing, yum. And it's inspiring to see how you guys take her everywhere. Off roading in the stroller? Not everyone could do that! Love it.

Kami said...

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! :) Is Jake going Elk hunting? I can't believe you didn't see any elk!

James and Jade Bethers said...

Looks fun! What is the deal....we never see each ifther any more!! You need to come and rope with us or at least come and visit!

BreAnna said...

I love Brilee's smile1 You guy's had a fun weekend.