5/31/09

Mocha

Mocha is by far the coolest animal we have ever had! Jake and I got two mini horses (Java and OhLa) two days before we got married. We wanted a baby miniature SO bad! Well it took three years and WE FINALLY HAVE ONE! We had been watching Java really close and we knew she would choose to have her baby on the coldest night of the month. Sure enough the wind is blowing, it is freezing, and we notice Java was getting close. Julie, Jenny, Granny, Andre, and I all stayed up waiting for the colt to be born. We lost a colt last year and so we knew we had to be with Java this year to make sure the baby would live. Andre delivered the little colt at 1:00 AM, and we were so glad we waited with her. Java couldn't have done it without Andre. After she was born the colt started getting cold so we carried her into Granny's shed and turned on all the heaters. I called Jake and he came over and taught the colt how to eat. It was a long night, but now we have our little MOCHA! 





1 comment:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

You crack me up Kesls! So I think it looks cute! I still don't know what to tell you about the picture, that is so weird that it won't move over! Also, in the customize bar you can pull some of the stuff from the bottom onto the side. It looks great! :)
We are living in Rexburg, Idaho. We are both finishing up school. Scott majors in Mechanical Engineering and me in Early Childhood Special Education. Life is great! :) I'm excited to keep up on your blog!