1/18/13

Projects

Every year on my time off I get a mile long lists of home projects I want to complete. Last year I didn't do ONE of them, and so this year my list was extra long. My time off is flying by, and I was starting to think I was going to have a repeat of last year until Wednesday. Brilee woke up sick and Bronson hasn't gotten officially better yet. (Bri had a cold with a low grade fever, and Bronson is great until night time then the croup comes back to him full force. It has been a horrible virus on his little system.) So with our temperatures being in the single digits or lower I knew we were going to be holed up in the house. Bronson took an extra long nap Wednesday morning which gave Bri and I the opportunity to organize all of her toys. We started in her playroom downstairs and then moved to her room. We threw away a couple large garbage bags full of toys, and now she actually has room to play with her good toys. She is loving her playroom and under her bed. After the toys I got motivated to paint some shelves I got from a friend back in October. After painting and distressing them I was in LOVE, and moved on to an old end table I had by my couch. It's not my favorite, but Jake likes it. When Jake got home we hung up a shelf to display my Barbie collection on. I was so HAPPY to be able to start checking things off my to do list!!!



 Sick days at our house mean we stay in pj's ALL day. We bring the cot to the living room. We watch tv. We snuggle. We drink A LOT of crystal light. They are actually kind of fun!


Thursday both kids were doing well so we headed to Vernal for dance class. Unfortunately, Miss Taunia was sick. BUT Dacia was there, and Brilee had a blast with her. There was a lot of running and jumping, so what's not to love? I love watching Taunia and Dacia boost those little girls confidence up for 45 minutes, and then seeing the outcome it has in Brilee's life outside of dance. After dance we went furniture shopping with Grammy. We picked out some good stuff, and Papa will put his approval on it tomorrow hopefully!! We went back to Grammy's and took a good long afternoon nap. Jake got finished training the horse he is working on for Bruce Horrocks, and we met the Nyberg's from some sushi! It was a success... Josie liked it! I am so glad to have a sushi loving friend now!!! :) Then we hit up the movie Lincoln. I left the theatre feeling like I had just had a very involved and interesting history lesson. We decided I would just stay in Vernal so we wouldn't have to drag Bronson out in the cold. He woke up at 10:30 and stayed awake all night. Poor boy was coughing and gagging and puking. Followed by more coughing and gagging and puking. He needs to get well!!!!!!!! So, finally it was morning and he was better. Brilee celebrated her birthday at preschool today. After preschool Jake decided to take the rest of the day off. He want to work the horse while I washed my car and loaded all the Barbies (27 of them). We picked Jake up and headed home! When we got home Brilee's slide was on our porch. We were super pumped! Jake set it up. Then hung my blinds on the two downstairs windows, and my curtains. It has been an awesome week. We have three more projects (mount the tv to the wall, redo my cedar chest, and kitchen cabinet shelves) and my list is COMPLETE!!!!! Can't wait...
 Holiday Barbie's
 Jake taught Brilee all about washers, nuts, and bolts today. She thought she was pretty hot stuff putting her slide together with her Daddy!
 Bronson officially started full on army crawling today... Watch out world! (Or Bri's Barbie's shoes. I have threatened all their shoes will be thrown away if I see Bronson get one more of them. Which I might just say I saw and throw the shoes away.)

 It's fun, and goes really fast. 
 Shelves I painted. Tomorrow we will put Jake's horse collection from when he was a kid on them.


1 comment:

Candace and Brian said...

Love that you are including your childhood in your home. Seriously love it.