9/30/12

Women of Steel

Last winter Tessa found a race and said we should get a group of sisters and do it. It sounded fun enough, and far enough away that I agreed to it. I asked stac and she felt the same way. Our team was set! Bullock sisters, zufelt sisters, and Dickson sisters. We were excited. As it got close we got nervous. I kinda started to dread it because I wasn't sure I was ready. The race is 54 miles through Midway and Heber. Each runner ran three miles three times. Well, just like with anything else, race day was upon us! We all pulled our campers to Midway, and had a good evening. We woke up early and began the race. It was amazing. It was so much fun, and seriously such a challenge! Each of us felt so accomplished at the end of the race. I was so proud of us all. Tessa was incredible, and such a motivator. Amy was super competitive and ran so fast!!! Erin did some of the most challenging runs ever imagined! Josie was an animal. She is amazing, and pushes herself harder than anyone I know. Stacia was awesome, and one tough chick! Her poor knee at the end of her very hard run was hurting her bad! But, she finished strong! I was so proud of her, and so happy we did this together. Something we will never forget. I can't wait to do this next year with this awesome/fun group of girls! Today I am moving a little gingerly, but I am so happy and grateful to have been able to have this experience. Big shout out to all the awesome dads who supported us, and provided the kids with such a fun day too. Jake was so good to chase us down and let me feed Bronson, and then go our separate ways again. I only have our before pictures, but Tessa took lots so I will post more when I get them. (our green shirts may not have been flattering, but they were awesome in helping us see our runner coming!!)

3 comments:

The Nybergs said...

OMH! Seriously such a blast!!! I cannot wait until next year! You were/are amazing. You killed it with amazing times in an injured foot! AHHHHHHHH! Seriously CAN.NOT.WAIT!

Candace and Brian said...

How fun!!! I'm so proud of you girls. What an awesome memory and tradition to start. How Bri's surgery goes well. That's always a little nerve wracking but hopefully worth it. Oh and your little man I could steal. His face is SO cute!!!

Jen said...

That's SO FUN!!!!!!! I'm kind of jealous--Amy and I would be all over that kind of thing! :) Looks like you guys had a blast. Good work!