9/13/12

5K

I have started doing some running again. I am trying to get in shape for a relay I am doing in a couple of weeks. For me the best motivation for exercise/running is signing up for races. My first 5K post Bronson was the night run on August 15. It was a good confidence builder to know I still could do it. I was super slow, but surprisingly, still very happy with myself. As soon as I had finished that one I knew I was ready to do another. I signed up for the Josh Graham race, and loved knowing I was supporting a wonderful cause. The race was last Saturday. It was a great race. Lots of fun people running and watching. They had motivational quotes all along the course, and they really helped keep me going! I was able to cut 4 minutes off my previous time, and hope to cut another 4 off soon! I had a blast, and can't wait for the next one. It's nice having friends with similar interests, and hopefully next year I can finish with them!

1 comment:

Dave and Alisha said...

Great job girls!! Running with friends is the best!!