8/2/10

California

Thursday evening Jake, Brilee, and I flew into San Diego. Brilee was an awesome baby on the plane, she fell asleep right as we were taking off. She didn't wake up until we were landing... it was amazing! Uncle Del picked us up and took us to his house. We had a delicious dinner and went to bed. Early Friday morning Jackie, my parents, and my grandparents showed up. Jake, Brilee, GGMA, Grandma, and I all headed for the zoo. I LOVE the San Diego zoo, and so did Brilee! The animals were all active and the new exhibits were amazing. Brilee loved the monkeys, I loved the polar bear, and Jake loved the HUGE brown bear. Brilee fell asleep while we were in line for the sky coaster and stayed asleep while GGMA, Jake, and I rode the zoo bus. Brilee came out of the zoo with a new zoo sweater and a panda bear leash (love it)! We headed back to Del and Ann's and went swimming. The water and air were a little to cold for Bri and she started turning blue so we had to get her out of the water. She was mad! She threw a fit for about forty minutes. After another delicious dinner we headed to our hotel. My Dad went to check us in and after a twenty minute wait my Mom headed in. After waiting another twenty minutes I sent Jake in. He came back and told me there were issues with the reservations. My Dad did our reservations on priceline and he accidentally put it in for three nights instead of two. When we didn't check in the first night they resold our rooms (even though we had already paid them for the rooms). Luckily, there was one room available and one room coming available at 10:30 pm. Saturday we woke up and headed to Pacific Beach. Jake, my Dad, and I body surfed and had a blast! At one point we noticed Jake's arms were blue and so we got out. We left the beach, got ready for my Grandma's 80th b-day party, and headed to Del and Ann's! The party was great! It was fun to see everyone. Brilee loved the birthday cake, of course! After the party we headed back to the hotel. Jake, my Dad, and I decided to do a little more swimming. Then we went to bed exhausted. Unfortunately, in our room, Brilee woke up at 12:00. She was thirsty and the only thing we had was code red mtn. dew. So, Jake filled up her sippy cup. She went to town on it! Then she was awake for the next three hours! We finally unhooked all the phones and just let her run wild. We aren't really sure what she did from 2:00-3:00. Sunday we headed back to Pacific Beach for Del to teach us to surf! We loved it and both got up, and caught a lot of waves. After the beach it was time to head home. As we were boarding the plane I asked the flight attendant where to put my stroller and she pointed out a spot for me. I left it there and we got on the plane with an exhausted baby who screamed the WHOLE flight. It was rough! The people in front of us were rude and laid their seats ALL the way back. We had NO room, it was awful!!!!!! We were the last ones off the plane and my stroller wasn't there. The pilot went outside to look for it and came back and told me it must be at baggage claim. Well, it wasn't. They called San Diego who didn't have it either. My camera was in the stroller (SAD!!!!) and so there are no pictures with this post. If I ever get it back I will add the pictures. It was a quick trip, but a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Sounds like you had fun. So sorry about your camera and stroller. I sure hope you get them back!

James and Jade Bethers said...

I hate when people take things that don't belong to them!!!! Hope you get it back! Sounds like you had fun other than the flight home!!