4/10/10

Triathlon

I have been preparing for the Ice Breaker Triathlon for three months. I kept counting down the months, followed by weeks, and then concluding with the countdown of the days. This morning I woke up with anxious butterflies and could not wait for the whole thing to be over. Jake, Brilee, and I headed to Vernal at our normal time. Jake dropped me off at the Rec. Center so I could register and get prepared. I was racer number 10. I have always loved the number 10! Finally it was time to start. The swim was done like a snake. We swam up the lane, then under the lane line, then up, down, and under the following lanes. It was harder than I expected. Each swimmer had a thirty second head start on the person behind them. When it was finally my turn to swim I went crazy! I went WAY to fast the first two laps, but then found a good pace. I was able to pass three people in the swim. I hurried out of the pool and made a fast transition. I was on my bike before I could catch my breath. The bike was hard, but way fun! I finished the bike and could no longer feel my legs... how can one run when there legs are jello feeling? I have no answers, but somehow I pulled it off! I was so happy my last mile of the race. I felt proud of my hard work. Thanks for all the support I have had from my friends and family! 
Right before I jumped in the pool.
Waiting for the word GO!
GO!
haha! What a nice picture of me.
The last lap.
Just finished with the swim.
Starting the bike.
Cruising up Vernal Ave. (This is all UP HILL!!!! UGH)
Cruising down 500 West. (Downhill!)
Finishing the run.
Me and my biggest fan.
Thanks for all the motivation girls! Can't wait until June!

6 comments:

Kami said...

Way to go! You rock!

Paul and Carly said...

Hey! I just got on to look at your blog... not to put anything on mine... I'm lame-o
Congrats Kelsey! You are my best friend and idol! I love ya and am so proud of you. Now I just need to get off my butt and do something! Great Job!

James and Jade Bethers said...

I was wondering how it turned out. I was at the rec center that day with the queen clinic and I peeked over, but they were just finishing up the swimmers. Congratulations on finishing though! I know I couldn't do it!

Delavan said...

Good job Kelsey! The transition from bike to run is really tough. When we do the triathlon in June, we'll get a packet of Gu shots for us to take (they help get the jello out of your legs during that part of the race). Love ya!

Doug and Karalee said...

You are awesome! Too bad Im not that dedicated! You look great.

AKC Labradors said...

Kelsey you are AMAZING! Good job, I'm super proud of you! :D