4/4/10

Happy Easter

We have been looking forward to Easter for so long! I love Easter. Warmer weather, CANDY, egg hunts, and family are some of my favorite things about Easter. This year GGMA, GGPA, and Jackie were going to spend Easter with us, but unfortunately, GGPA took a nasty spill and so they had to post pone their trip :(. We were SOOOO bummed! We miss them, and can't wait until they can make it up! Here's to a speedy recovery GGPA!!!!!!!!! We love you guys! So our weekend went from being super busy, to super relaxed. Saturday we spent a good portion of the day resting and hanging out at the infamous Ballard Sale's Barn. We also got to play with Megan and all the other cousins at Granny's. Today my parents showed up early and we dug into our Easter baskets! Jake and I were spoiled; and Brilee, well, I am sure you can imagine how spoiled she was! The Easter Bunny took care of us. After the baskets Jake made my favorite breakfast, Biscuits and Gravy, and then Jake and my Dad went to check out Jake's new horse. While they were gone I made a strawberry and chocolate pie. After the pie's were finished Julie picked me up and we went to hide the millions of eggs the Easter Bunny stuffed for us! When the eggs were hid and the delicious dinner was ate, we began the egg hunt! Brilee loved searching for eggs. She would find an egg, pick it up, open it, and then try to eat the candy with the wrapper on. After all the excitement Brilee crashed! She woke up three hours later, but was sort of in a daze the rest of the evening. I put her to bed tonight, but it didn't last long! She started throwing up all the candy she had been eating all day. Poor baby! (I remember more than one Easter, as a kid, going to bed sick because of all the candy I had eaten!) We had such a great day... HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!
Brilee with her new toys and clothes!
She started eating sugar WAY to early!
Lucky us... we woke up to snow! (I am SOOOOO SICK OF SNOW!!!!)
Our little bunny.
Jake and Caleb

YUM YUM!
All the kids ready to hunt for their eggs!
Brilee figuring things out.
We sent the "big" kids to the bottom of the field.
First egg!
Grayson found one of the lucky money eggs!
She found an egg with a Laffy Taffy... so exciting!

The babies love their older cousin.
Brilee's favorite egg was a pink camo one that she found with BreAnna.

Jake with his new horse that a stranger gave to him. 

My first strawberry pie.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That strawberry pie looks divine! I can't wait for it to warm up either!

BreAnna said...

That was so fun. The pies were fantastic!