3/14/10

Happy 21st Stacia!

We spent the weekend in SLC celebrating Stacia's birthday with her. We had such a great time! Jake and I were up all Thursday night with Brilee who was sicker than I had ever seen her. She would curl up into a ball and cry and cry. It was awful! She had high fevers and nothing would take them away. First thing Friday morning Jake and I had her back at the hospital. We didn't even wait for the clinic to open. We ran into the doctor outside told him she was worse than she was on Wednesday and so he told us to come right in. As he was looking at her he noticed her left ear was draining TONS of nasty stuff. So he said it was infected. There was to much gunk in her ear that he couldn't see the tube or anything! The other ear he thought looked okay... as he pulled out his tool he suctioned all the nasty stuff out of that ear. So both ears were bad. Where she would curl into a ball and act like she was in pain he assumed she had a bladder infection on top of RSV, double ear infections, and Roseola. POOR BABY! He prescribed her antibiotics and advised us to let Dr. Catten check her out. We immediately headed to Vernal to see him. He got us right in and agreed the ears were bad! He is having us do ear drops for three weeks, take a week off of them, and then see him on the fourth week. He explained her ears make it so she always has "true" ear infections. Her ear infections are always inner ear infections. They are harder to catch (until it gets to bad), harder to deal with, and harder to heal from. He called her his "over achiever" patient. After the appointment I went to Wal-Mart to have her prescriptions filled. I had to wait for an hour and a half! It was torture. Finally, they gave me her medicine and I went to meet Jake and Brilee at my Mom's. We wanted to get the medicine in her ASAP! I went to open the medicine and noticed it was all powder. I called the pharmacist and he said to come back. UGH!!!! I went back and had to wait another hour to get the medicine mixed. I was beyond frustrated! Jake and I decided we shouldn't go to SLC because of how sick Brilee was. About an hour after she had her medicine she started acting good (not normal but better.) She then took a two and a half hour nap and woke up happy. So we changed our minds. It helped that my Mom volunteered to be the one to get up with Brilee during the night. We got to SLC at about 8:30 that night and the fun began! Brilee went to bed and so Del, Stac, Michael, Jake, and I went to buy ski pants. It was fun hanging out with them! The next morning they all went skiing and Brilee, my Mom, and I went to Grandma and Grandpa Cooley's. We spent our day their playing with Brilee (who was feeling MUCH better). I got to go do a little shopping with Carly, and it was so nice to see her! I love shopping with her. When they were finished skiing we met up with everyone one at happy hour at Embassy Suites where we planned dinner. We decided on the Red Rock restaurant downtown. We had a hard time finding parking and by the time we did we were all stressed! Cathy and Roger met us there, and luckily we only had to wait 45 minutes for our table. Brilee fell asleep on my shoulder, and I felt so bad having her out so late. After dinner we went back to the hotel, put Brilee to sleep, and then went swimming. It was awesome! Jake and Micheal were thirsty after swimming so they ran across the street bare foot to buy some water. When they got to the gas station there was a sign on the door saying "Be Back in 5 Minutes." They stood there freezing! Crazy boys! It was such a great weekend. Thanks for everything! Happy 21st Stac!!!!!!
Brilee took a couple of good naps at Grandma and Grandpa Cooley's. This is her first nap of the day!
Poor Cali got ran over last week and it messed up her hips. She hung out in her kennel all weekend. By the end of the weekend she was doing pretty good!
Grandma is doing so AWESOME with her recovery! We are so proud of her.
Brilee took her second nap on a bed. She slept good!
Brilee loves Cali!
Group shot.
We dipped strawberries, and Brilee thought they were the best things ever.
YUM YUM!
Pretty girl
Then she got a bath.
Sleepy heads! (Brilee, Jake, and I spent a lot of the weekend catching up on all the lost sleep from the week before.)

1 comment:

The Nybergs said...

Poor Brilee!!!! I am glad you had a good weekend and that she is feeling better!! When she gets feeling better, lets have a play date!