3/28/10

Bike Trailer

We have had a busy week! (Sorry to my Grandma's and other blog readers for my posting absence... but I am back!) I went to SLC this week for a meeting, Brilee and Jake stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Dickson. They had a lot of fun, but I missed them a lot! Brilee is getting the whole walking thing down! On Friday I finally got my bike trailer, and Brilee and I have had so much fun with it all weekend! Friday we put her in it to go for a short ride. We bundled her with a hoodie, coat, and blankets. She did pretty good the first couple of minutes and then started getting whiney. Finally we stopped to get her out, and the poor girl was a firecracker! Saturday Brilee and I picked Cy up and we went for a long ride! It was exhausting, but the babies sure had fun. We were attacked by a dog and both babies in their distinct voices started shouting "DOG DOG DOG"! This morning Brilee and I went for another long ride. I have learned some tricks to make Brilee happy in the trailer: 1. Give her a cookie 2. Have a cold sippy cup 3. Keep her cool 4. Have 10-15 binkies in her reach. This afternoon Elly, Chloey, Annalee, Brilee, and I decided to try a LONG ride and go to the park. The girls shocked me and all three of them did really well. Granny even came to the park to give them a ride home, and the tough girls all agreed they would rather ride home. Little Chloey was a trooper! There was no whining, and everyone had a good time! I can't wait to go on long bike rides all summer with the girls! 
Brilee loves her books! She was in her room playing so cute, and so I went to clean my living room. When I came back she was pulling all her books off the shelf!
The Laws' bought calves at the sales barn on Saturday. Brilee thinks they are the coolest little things!
This calf was trying to eat Brilee's fingers. 
They have to feed them two bottles a day.
Look how happy Brilee is!
Starting our LONG bike ride! (Six miles!!!)
The girls cruising up the road. 
So proud we actually made it to the park!
We brought cookies and water for our little picnic. Brilee thought she was big stuff!
Playing with Leeber girl on the slide.
She was mesmerized with the wood chips.
We had a blast on the ride and at the park.
Brilee fell asleep on the way home! She wore herself out.

The girls after the bike ride! They were pretty tired... I think they will all sleep good tonight!
Apparently Star Princess had an exhausting day too!

1 comment:

BreAnna said...

I want to ride my bike so so so bad, but it has a flat:(