1/7/10

First Trip on the NEW Bike!

With Brilee being sick and the weather being so cold (12 degrees was our high) I got a little cabin fever today. So I decided to ignore the weather and try out my new bike. I rode for about five miles, and I loved every second of it (well maybe not the part where the neighbors dog's started attacking me or the part where I thought my toes would fall off because they were so cold). I am SO happy with my bike. It is great. After riding today I am really looking forward to the spring. I can't wait to go for long bike rides with Brilee (and I hope Jake is going to get a bike) all summer long! But until then I guess I will just ride in the freezing cold weather, and hope I don't crash on the slushy roads. 
Here it is...  Specialized Ariel. 
Taking off! 
Figuring out the gears.
After I got home Jake decided to take it for a spin. 

3 comments:

Jelena said...

Ha Ha! That is the Kels I remember! Richard bought be a road bike a year ago, I can't wait for spring to get out and ride it again! Hopefully we can find a bike trailer for Adam pretty cheap!

BreAnna said...

I wish that I can ride my bike, but my roads are so icy it's hard not to crash.

Kami said...

That looks like fun! :)