3/9/14

The Weekend

Every Monday morning the questions, "How was your weekend? What did you do?" Is always asked. I always think hard to what we do, but weekends like this "Nothing much." Is usually my answer. I was thinking today how even though we aren't doing "much", so much is still being done! Friday after work we went to watch Jens wrestle. We got there just in time for his first match. He did so good, and we were super impressed by him! Then Bronson wanted to run outside and so Jake chased him. After 20 minutes in that gym and a flood of childhood memories sitting at wrestling tournaments I talked Bri into leaving. On our way home she asked if she could have a sleepover. Chazzy's cousins were in town, so it meant it would be a Laws sleepover. We called their house, and Elly was sure it would be fine with her parents. We got home and did chores then went to pick Mar Sue up. Haddy was waiting outside with her bags packed, Marley followed right behind her, next Elly hopped in the car, and then Chloey came running out too. We were happy they were all coming! We came home played for awhile and then turned on Frozen. It was so cute. The kids (Bronson included) would sing every song with the movie, and they had the best time watching it. Bronson played his heart out with Chloey all evening to the point that we couldn't put him to bed at his bedtime because he was being so with Chloey. After the movie Jenny, Donny, and Jens showed up to get the older girls. Bri and Mar were so tired and I knew it would be an early sleepover night. Haddy still wanted to stay so the rest of their fam took off. I made the girls their bed, and the older two were pretty much out as soon as they laid down. Haddy, not so much. She changed her mind and Jake ended up running her home. Saturday morning the girls were up before the sun (Jake claims they were just getting ready for the time change). I told them to just play until we were ready to get up. They did just that. Those two are such a good little pair. They never fight and they have so much fun together. Jake and I finally drug ourselves out of bed, I went to cross fit, and Jake fed the kids breakfast. Crossfit was fast and I was home early. Jake and Bronson went to do chores, the girls were still playing, and so I had plenty of time to clean bathrooms. Lucky me! Jake decided he wanted to got to the sales barn, and Bri and Mar were not having it. So, I dropped them off at the Laws' and Jake, Bronson, and I went. It was fun. Cows are still super high in price, and horses are still super cheap. Yay! We came home put Bronson to sleep, and Jake went to train some horses. Bri was good at the Laws' so I finished my house cleaning. Bronson woke up and then we went to spend the rest of the day outside. We rode horses and four wheelers all afternoon. We had one scare when Bri's saddle slid off Goldie and she went down too. She's all good now though! Bri and Mar both were asleep by 7 that night. This morning Jake woke up super early to go get a new bird dog in Ogden from Woody. The kids and I just had a relaxing morning. We played outside, watched Frozen, ate lunch, and then put Bronson down for his nap. Bri and I cleaned out her closet, and then Elly showed up to check on her pigs. So Bri latched on to her and went to Granny's. I decided to burn some weeds and trash so I got to work outside! It was soooooooo wonderful. I love burning weeds and junk. Bri and Jens showed up playing survivor, and I LOVED listening to them play. They are so funny, and they are NO WHERE near ready to survive on their own. They need to keep playing. They went from pulling each other out of avalanches to getting ledged out on cliffs to being lost in the sand of the beach. They have some crazy imaginations. As soon as I lit my Christmas tree and a bunch of tumbleweeds Bronson woke up. I had 15 foot flame lengths and didn't really know what to do. I called Granny and she sent Elly, Chloey, and Jaylie over. She was also happy to hear Haddy and Rowdy had showed up over at my house. The girls were great baby-sitters and I was able to burn A LOT! Jake got home and took the lighter away (I was out of fuel anyways…)! After that we played with our baby calves and watched Jake train his new horse. Then Bri, Chaz, Rowdy, Bronson, and I got on one four wheeler and Elly got on the other. She was following us so we started playing cops and robbers. The kids LOVED it and were all laughing their heads off. Such a fun memory. Bronson also makes the best siren noise in this world! It got cold so we all went to our houses. We ate dinner and had the kids in bed by 8:30 new time… WISH US LUCK TOMORROW MORNING! This time change is a rough one…


I went to take pics three different times this weekend and each time my phone battery died on me. So I only have like two pics of the beautiful weekend we had!


 Bronson likes to ride the pigs and cows...

No comments: