6/1/13

Rifle, CO

At the beginning of last week Jake's brother, Darren, asked if Brilee would want to show a pig at a jackpot pig show in Rifle. Jake thought it would be cute and funny, Brilee was excited, and I was a little nervous. She definitely wanted to do it so we told him to sign us up. We couldn't decide whether to leave Friday evening or Saturday morning, but after Jake talked to Darren Friday afternoon we decided to leave around bedtime. Jennifer and Darren (Woody) showed up around 7 and we switched up the vehicles and hit the road. Jake, Bri, and Woody rode in the truck. Jennifer, Meg, Bronson, and I rode in the car. Bronson was not thrilled (to put it mildly) to be BACK IN THE CAR. He screamed, cried, yelled, and threw stuff at us. It was kinda hard, but it was nice visiting with Jennifer and Megan. We followed the truck and trailer and just passed the CO border we started smelling brake. I called Jake and they pulled over. Fixed the brakes, Bri jumped in with us, and we finished the long drive. It took a lot longer than we had planned. We finally got there and got checked in the hotel room. Bri and Bronson had slept in the car long enough to not feel tired. So they were up until 1, and then we all finally got some good sleep. We woke up way earlier than I had planned, but it was good to get going. We got to the fair grounds, washed the pigs, and got ready for everything to start. Meg went before Bri and did really good. She is so cute. Next up was Bri. We couldn't decide what pig to have her show. Woody thought one of his bigger ones, and Bri agreed because it was pink. The pig got a little excited in the holding pen and rooted Brilee up. This scared her, and I was ready to call it quits. She decided she still wanted to show the pig, but she wanted her Daddy in the pen with her. She went out really nervous. She had a death lock anround Jake's hand. She loosened up, and pretty soon was doing it all by herself. It was adorable, and she was so proud. The judge called her over to talk and she decided to make a "funny" face at him. This cracked him up and he said, "What's that about?" He than laughed to Jake and said, "I'm glad my daughter isn't the only one." She ended it with a bang. He told her he was glad she was fast so she could keep up with her pig (the pig ran around the pen a lot), and sent her on her way. He gave her a necklace and so Brilee was positive that meant she won. Bronson fell asleep during Brilee's turn, and so we got to stick around and watch Megan show some more. Megan did a great job. Bri made lots of friends, and while we were watching Meg a little boy named Johnny came and started talking to Brilee. Jake and I were eves dropping when we heard Bri say, "Did you know I won the show?" He asked her if it was with a pig and she replied, "Yea with a pig. I got a necklace, and I took first place." He then told her, "Yea I saw you. You were the best too." Brilee just nodded in agreement. Jake and I laughed and commented how we LOVE the mind sets of two four year old kids. After a three hour nap we decided we had better wake Bronson up and hit the road. We went to Grand Junction for a little shopping, and then headed home. We had so much fun, and we will always talk about Bri's first pig show!
 The drive over. Megan sang to Bri and read to her. She loved it. 
 So excited!




 He was really a good boy this weekend. His teeth are still hurting him like crazy, but he was a trooper. An older man told me in the hotel lobby that he wished he could have the same happy pills I was feeding Bronson. I laughed and told him how happy it makes me to hear people say my baby is happy. Last year at this time there were no "happy" comments about my boy! But now, that is all I ever hear about him. And that makes me HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY! (I've only watched Duck Dynasty like twice)




 In the holding pen before the excitement. 
 The judge was really good, and I loved how he took so much time talking to all the kids and teaching them. So cute!

I'm obsessed with my instagram photo collages. 


No comments: