5/3/12

What?

I just realized Bronson will be a week old in a few hours... CRAZY! He is definitely keeping us on our toes, and keeping us from our bed. He has day/night confusion, and I have no clue how to fix it. He loves to eat, swing, and snuggle. He hates to take a bath, and have his diaper changed. He has a diaper rash and it is heart breaking. He and Bri had their first fight yesterday, and so that was good to get that out of the way. Bri was watching her new fave, Max and Ruby, and Bronson was hollering! She looked at him so mad and said, "We don't make loud noises in our house Bronson." We love the little feller, and couldn't imagine our life without him. 




While I was pregnant I started a list of things I wanted to remember about this pregnancy. And since this is my journal I choose here to write them down!

I found out I was pregnant Labor Day weekend. We were getting ready to head to Lagoon, and I knew something felt off so I decided I better figure out why before I got my Lagoon on!

We moved into our house days after finding out I was pregnant. We were keeping it on the down low, and so I was trying to act busy without actually doing any lifting. It was difficult. Del, my Mom, and I had to get the couches out of the basement, and our stuff down there. It was very hard to find a way out of that one! We managed though.

Jake was so excited for my elk hunt on Diamond, and I was too sick to do much of anything. I tried to be tough, but it was extremely difficult. I was exhausted and nauseous the whole hunt. When we would be on the trail I would puke and Jake would say, "Now they’re going to smell us." It was a long nine-day hunt...

I actually hope to forget the sickness I felt the first 16 weeks. It was a challenging time.

After all the painting, and bug bombing my house developed a smell that would make me puke just thinking about it. I stayed in the camper until we told people, and then I spent a lot of nights at our parent’s houses. I finally moved into our house on October 29th. I couldn't spend anytime upstairs and so we all slept in the basement bedroom. This is why Bri still thinks she needs to sleep with us. I moved upstairs on January 19th.

When I was 11 weeks I had to go to Moab for the end of season fire meeting. I was excited to get away cause I still couldn't handle the house. Scott, Hank, and I rode together. The ride down was great. I didn't get sick until I got to the hotel, which was fine by me! On the way home is another story... One that Scott will NeVeR let me forget! Jake called and asked if I was coming home. That is all it took. I hung up the phone, and told Hank to pull over. I puked and puked and puked. Got back in and every twenty miles or so had to pull over again. Scott told me about certified crazy people, and how he thinks I am one of them. It was nice to have their support in my time of need.

I craved jalapenos, big soft pretzels, Gatorade, and Totino's pizza (couldn't live without them for awhile!)

At 12 weeks 6 days Dr. Nolte said he thought we were having a boy, but not to buy anything or tell anyone yet. At 16 weeks 6 days we were confirmed it was definitely a little boy, and a very healthy one!

20 weeks 1 day was the last time I puked. We had traveled home for Cali. this day, and it was a long day. I came home hoping that my week vacation had cured me, but I puked the second I walked in the door.

Jake heard on the radio in January that nachos were a calming food. So anytime he could sense me getting stressed or nervous he made sure to have some nachos for me. It was cute, and I did love nachos!

I felt Bronson move at 17 weeks, and Jake did at 19 weeks.

I had a lot of nice comments regarding my size while pregnant. Every time I saw Marley from January on she would say to me, "Your belly is getting big." One day while I was trying to rock Bri to sleep she looked at me with the nicest eyes and said with the sweetest voice, "You are the biggest Mama I have ever seen." AWESOME... And the best was heading back to work at 27 weeks to being called "Big K" by Bertagnolli. I could laugh it off, cause I knew it was all in good spirits. But when I was 36 weeks he said, "I can't joke about stretchy pants or call you Big K anymore. Now it's just mean. Now I just have to tell myself don't stare." So, then it kinda got sad. haha

WOW crazy dreams... Grandpa Cooley letting kids parasail off of cruise ships, and one poor kid nobody caught. I woke up shaking and in total shock.

The last crazy thing was after Bronson was born. Stacia, Annalee, Andre, Bronson, and I were visiting in my hospital room when we hear, "Hello, hello, anyone there? Say hello to me. Hello, hello, anyone there?" I thought someone was at my door, but no turns out some patient found a way to get on the intercom. It went on for quite some time too.

Then the funny Brilee story before I wrap this up! Brilee has a bad mouth. We are working on it, and she knows what is naughty. She gets in trouble, but she sometimes can't help herself. She likes to say swear words in songs or to Tator because she thinks that makes it okay. Well, that Friday night Bri was sad to leave the hospital, and she had a lot of built-up energy. So she and Stac were fake laughing on their way to Vernal. Then all the sudden Bri says to Stacia, "We are just sitting in Grammy's car laughing and saying damn it."




2 comments:

Kami said...

What cute kids!

Dave and Alisha said...

Yay! Im glad you let me check out your blog I love blogstaking!! (Im only a little crazy:)).
Congrats on your little guy. Im glad youre figuring things out and getting a little settled.
But holy cow girl your life has been nothing but CRAZY lately!! I almost cant believe all you have gone through. I seriously hope for your sake it slows down.

And just a side note... take it or leave it. For switching from nights to days the Dr I work for tells pt to make it dark when baby is sleeping and bright when awake. so during the day keep it as dark as you can and at night always have a light on they say it takes about 3 days to get them to switch. But Parx didnt have this issue so I dont know how well it works I have only heared things. Good luck!!