7/15/10

We Have a WATER BABY!!!

My camera broke in Yellowstone, and I have missed it desperately! Finally, Tuesday Josie and I decided we needed a shopping trip in the city! I returned my camera to Costco... they generously replaced it, and now I can get my blogging back on! I am so glad!!!!! 
Brilee and I had a blast with Josie and Addy all day! Our favorite part of the trip was going to Carly's and hanging out with her, Emery, and the ducks. Thanks for such a fun day girls!!!




Tonight I took Brilee swimming at the Roosevelt Pool, and she now competes with Stacia for the water baby prize! She is a crazy loon in the pool! She prefers her face under water, and won't quit trying until she is gagging. I put her in the baby pool first and she immediately went under. I thought "Oh Brilee... what a clutz!" I pull her out and she automatically went diving back under. "Okay"... third time same thing. I realize she is intentionally going under water. Amazingly, she holds her breath some of the time. Whenever I would catch her from falling under she would flip to her back and go into a back bend so she could go under that way. She figured out she could sit in the shallow end of the baby pool, and this was so much fun for her. She then spotted the big pool, and she was off! I let her walk down the ramp, and she was super brave. I then had her jump to me off the side. She LOVED jumping! The first two times were fun, but the third time I wasn't ready for her. She jumped anyway! She went under water for a little while, but came back up happy! I thought that would be the end of her diving career, but she was ready for more. I am glad she loves the water... swim lessons with Grandma start in TWO weeks!!!!
While we waited for the pool to open we played at the park. Brilee had to show Papa how brave she is on the slide.
WAHOO! Thanks to Annalee I wasn't the one going up and down the playground equipment.
We LOVE swimming!
Here is where Brilee jumped and I wasn't paying attention. She is completely submerged at this point... 
It didn't matter though, she was ready to jump again!
And again... 
Queen Brilee.
Here she is trying to sit in the pool.
Coolest Tytan! (I asked him to hold Brilee hand for a picture and he said "No, but I will hold Chloey's.")
BFF's

And we're done! (I was done for sure. Brilee was exhausted and freezing, but she sure thought I was a mean Mom making her get out of the water!)