10/23/09

NiNe MoNtHs!

Here we are another month older. I love thinking back at everything she was doing last month at this time compared to what she is doing now. Babies change a lot in a month! This month Brilee has figured out everything she is NOT supposed to get into (so of course that is what she wants to play with). She loves power cords and Daddy's horse magazines. She thinks she is funny when she rolls over to the magazines and starts pulling them out of their basket and ripping the pages up. She amazes me at how quickly she can destroy my living room. For a baby whose main form of transportation is rolling she sure makes a lot of messes. Brilee is still doing awesome at work (especially now that Scott made the guys shampoo the carpet because of how dirty her clothes were getting). She is still the best baby (as long as you don't ask the baby-sitters!) and the love of our life! 
NINE things I was saying (and meaning!) NINE months ago!
  1. My baby will NEVER sleep in our bed. (Unfortunately, Brilee cries ever night around mid night and she doesn't stop until she gets her way and ends up in bed with us!)
  2. My baby will NEVER drink pop. (Two weeks ago Brilee figured out how to drink out of a straw, and last week the only thing we could get her to drink was 7-Up. UGH... the habits!)
  3. My baby will ALWAYS be asleep before eight. (Way easier said than done! We try but it is hard.)
  4. I will decide the schedule my baby will be on. (YEAH RIGHT!)
  5. Babies aren't that much work. (Ignorance is bliss.)
  6. My baby will be able to go to anyone and be good for a baby-sitter. (Jessica could tell you stories about how UNTRUE this is!)
  7. My baby will put herself to sleep every night. (See the picture below.)
  8. No candy for my baby. (Sometimes a sucker is the only way to go when we need her to be good.)
  9. Our life won't change very much. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)
Her new favorite toys are wooden spoons and measuring cups. 
We read There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly tonight and she LOVED it so much she had to get down and read it again!
It was a little heavy so she needed her feet to help her hold it up.
Snuggling Mommy before bed time!

3 comments:

Kami said...

Being a mom is so wonderful! A child certainly changes your life, but I would never go back for the world! I LOVE being a mom! You are a good mom and Brilee is so cute! :)

melissa said...

I love your list..I always thought those same things but at the end of the day those kids seem to know who is truly the boss :) There really is nothing better than being a mom huh? Glad to see you guys are doing well, Brilee is so cute!

Kelly W. said...

Adorable!!!!! I love your list Kelsey! I know exactly what you mean. I can't imagine my life without my lil monkey. He is my world. I love the pic of Brilee sleeping next to you. Can't wait to meet her! We have many games of capture the flag to catch up on!