10/18/09

Long Weekend!


So my last post(Wed.) I mentioned how Bri had HFM and was teething. I knew she didn't feel good then, but what I didn't know is how sick she would get before she got better. It has been hard! I decided Thursday she felt good enough to go to work with me, but I was wrong! She cried all day long. Lucky, there were only two other people in the office who were kind of enough to pretend it didn't bug them. After staying up all Thursday night I decided to take Friday off. She was miserable all of Friday, and me having been up for forty-eight hours cried when Brilee was(so pretty much all day). Jake was so helpful Friday. He took Brilee on the 4-wheeler, let her play with the dogs, let her watch the cat, and pretty much anything else he could do to keep her mind off of crying. But then he had to leave Friday afternoon to go hunting with his Dad. When it was time for him to go he was scared to leave his two girls' crying. He called my Mom and made sure she was on her way before he left. As soon as she got here she took over. She sent me to the store and on some other errands to get me out of the house! Brilee by this time had quit eating and couldn't even shut her little mouth. The only thing we could get her to swallow was 7-Up out of a straw and Popsicles. After feeding her a Popsicle Jenny and Julie started looking at her "rash" and noticing it looked more like hives and it was all over her arms. I felt so bad for her.  My Mom stayed up with her all Friday night (Brilee slept some, but only because Grandma held her all night long) so I could sleep. Saturday morning Brilee still wouldn't drink her bottle, but we found she would eat apple sauce. We did everything we could to keep her happy, but nothing seemed to work. We fed her Popsicles, and then we started to notice the only time the "rash" looked like hives was after she ate her Popsicle. So now on top of everything else I am pretty sure she is allergic to something in the Popsicle.  Every six hours her fever would spike and so finally I was over it and decided she was going to the emergency room. I called my sister-in-law Andre who advised us to stay FAR away from the ER due to the Swine Flu epidemic in Roosevelt. She came over looked in her ears and thought they were infected. :( She contacted the on call pediatrician who agreed with her and called Brilee in a prescription. My Dad picked it up and raced to Roosevelt. Right after we gave her the medicine she ate some of her bottle and then she went to sleep. She slept twelve hours and never got a fever. She woke up this morning and ate a little and then went back to sleep. She has slept most of the day, but she started wanting to eat on her normal schedule. Finally, tonight she started fussing so I made her bottle and she was back to normal with her eating. Bertagnolli would have been proud of her "Gallon Challenge" tonight... I KNOW I WAS! I couldn't have made it through this weekend without all the help I got! Thank you so much Mom, Dad, Andre, Jenny, and Julie! I am so grateful for you and all you do for me and Bri Bear. 

2 comments:

BreAnna said...

I'm so glad she is feeling better.

Kami said...

I am so sorry to hear that poor Brilee was so sick! It's really tough on the mom too when kids are sick. So glad things are going better! :)