10/14/09

Halloween Preview

Brilee's costume came in the mail today and I was so excited I couldn't wait to put it on her. She was not a big fan of the costume when it was on her but she thought it was pretty cool laying on the floor in her room! 
Our little Bri Bear
Unfortunately, she has already figured out how to take off the hands and feet.
Relieved to not be wearing that "thing" anymore!


On other Brilee news she woke up last night with a fever. She has had a runny nose and I noticed some drainage from her ear. I gave her medicine and put ear drops in and then called in sick to work. Today we haven't done anything but lay around. I started noticing a rash around her legs, mouth, and hands this afternoon so I called Andre. She came over and looked (thank you so much!!!) and she thinks Brilee has hand, mouth, foot disease. She has little sores in her mouth, on her feet, her hands, and her thighs. It really isn't a big deal and most kids get it, but it isn't a lot of fun. She will probably have it a few more days and then the rash just goes away. When we were looking in her mouth at the sores we noticed her eye teeth were getting close to coming in. I put her down for her nap and when she woke up I checked her mouth again. I didn't notice any more sores, but her left eye tooth was all the way in! I couldn't believe it. Her poor little mouth. She got a popsicle for her reward, and she liked it so much I think she would go through the pain again to get another one. Good thing I am a nice Mom and will probably give her another one before bed! 
It has been a rough day! HFM, teething, and Bear Costumes UGH!

5 comments:

Amy Elaine said...

Oh wow, Kels, what a sweet little bear! She is way too cute! I'm so sorry about her HFM, I hope she feels better soon!

Kami said...

I've never heard of HFM. I sure hope she gets feeling better! You're a good mom! :)

BreAnna said...

She is so cute in that beer costume. I hope she feels better.

Paul and Carly said...

She is going to get you guys so much candy wearing that! JACKPOT! well, needless to say... I am exhausted. It was a very long day back but it will be good. I'll call ya later! Love ya Brilee! and you too Kelsey and Jake!

Veronica and TJ said...

How cute! I love dressing up for Halloween. Cant wait to have a kid to dress up!