3/10/13

A Conversation to Remember

Tonight, as I was folding laundry, Jake was getting Brilee ready for bed. Brilee had been in the bathroom forever, but finally announced she was ready for her bed time story. They went to Bri's room and picked a story. They were getting ready to read it when I hear:
Jake: Bri was is your sleeve all wet?
Brilee: Oh, Dad where does the stuff in the toilet go when you flush it?
Jake: Outside. Why is your sleeve wet?
Brilee: How does it go outside?
Jake: Through the pipes. Brilee tell me how you got wet?
Brilee: I didn't go outside when I was in the pipes.
Jake: You were reaching in the toilet?
Brilee: Yea, I wondered where the stuff goes.

Earlier in the day Jake and Bri went to ride Goldie while Bronson napped. Jake called after an hour and told me that Bri wanted to play in the horse trailer with her cat. He let them, and he said she was wrestling it. She then leaned against the trailer door and fell out. She landed face first in a huge mud puddle. (I'm still not convinced it was accidental.) The girl makes us smile!

No comments: