8/11/11

4-H

Dathen, Mylee, Kinly, and Elly all participated in the 4H livestock show this week! Monday they weighed their pigs in. They all made weight, and were looking good! Tuesday was showmanship. Our sweet little Elly won RESERVE CHAMPION in the junior division, and then went on to take THIRD overall (she was competitng with like 17 year olds, and it was her first show!!!). We were so happy for her. Jake and I went on Wednesday to watch them pick the winning pigs. All the kids did great! Mylee, Kinly, and Elly all took third in their class. Elly and Kinly came back into the championship round. Elly's pig took tenth overall. During Elly's class the judge couldn't decided between the top three. He took the microphone and said, "The young lady's pig (Elly's) is the most muscular pig I have seen thus far in the competition, but it isn't as long as I like." It is what it is... Dathen showed a steer yesterday as well. I am sure he did awesome, but I haven't heard details. Today they sold all their animals. Elly's pig brought in $600, Mylee's $550, and Kinly's $750. Good job on all your hard work!

Elly


Remember the UBIC story store where Brilee ran away? Yea... it happened again at the fari. Here she is pouting because her Daddy got mad at her for running away!

Dathen (in the jacket) with his pig.






Kinly Rose







I forgot to add this picture to my last post! I also want to include that I can gurantee my Mom was the ONLY person in the whole triathlon to have diet coke during her transistions! haha









No comments: