7/2/11

Neola Rodeo... FOR THE WIN!

Cake Pops are our new favorite treat to make! Aren't they cute??? All pictures on this post were taken with my IPHONE. I love my phone!
Two weeks ago I went coupon shopping by myself. I bought all this stuff for 20.00!!! Yesterday I went with Josie, and it is amazing all the deals we (okay... SHE) found! It was a good day of saving moolaw! 




Our weekend plans were changed, and we were really sad. We wanted everyone in the family HEALTHY, happy, and at the cabin. Unfortunately, this year that wasn't possible. (We are going to try and have a make-up reunion later though...) Jake and I decided to check out the kid rodeo in Neola since we had no plans. We got to Neola and ate a YUMMY YUMMY to your TUMMY type of dinner. Dutch oven cooken' need I say more? After dinner we signed Brilee up for the 2 year old bunny chase, and Shaunie informed me I was signed up for the "Mama Lama" chase. Brilee was up first. Jake had been prepping her all day for it. He gave her one last pep talk and turned her loose in the arena. (Not in a Hunger Games type of way...) There were so many two year olds trying to catch bunnies. Brilee didn't get the "CATCH" part, but she was all over the chase part. She ran and ran and ran. She had the time of her life. When they finally ushered all the two year olds out she decided it was time to catch the bunny. We spent the rest of our night saying, "Next year Brilee." I am really glad we didn't bring a bunny home though. My Lama chase went pretty good. I felt like I had it won when we started, but I couldn't find the ribbon to pull. Then I got kicked in the leg (not by a lama, but by a crazy mama). I kinda quit after that. All in all it was a good night. Can't wait until tomorrow to see all the FAMILY BAMILY! I hope you are feeling better Grandma and Grandpa KOOL-AID!


Brilee found a stranger dog why we were eating. The girl loves dogs!!!! 

Brilee looking for a good rabbit.
Jake preparing her... He takes animal chases very serious.
One last pep talk...
And she's off! 

Glad we didn't end up with this gal either.

No comments: