7/20/11

Cavities

Today was the much dreaded cavity filling appointment. I was nervous, and Brilee was not happy about going back so soon. I started prepping her for the app. yesterday, and she kept telling me "No, I go tomorrow..." Well she was right. She wasn't allowed to eat or drink after 7:30 this morning, and so we woke her up early and fed her a good breakfast. When I picked her up at 12:30 she was ready for lunch and a nap. She told me on the way home, "Grammy not give me lunch. Whycause?" (Whycause instead of because... so cute!) Luckily, she fell asleep in LaPoint. We woke her up at the dentist, and she was not thrilled. The nice receptionist let her pick a prize while we talked to the anesthesiologist. She explained we wouldn't be doing the I.V. and instead just a dart. She hoped that it would take under twenty minutes. She warned that it would be hard to see Brilee, but worth it for me to hold her. She said she would be "stoned" for a short time period. We then headed back to the room where she gave Brilee the shot. Bear screamed, picked another prize, and then got loopy. It didn't take long, and she was out! It was scary. She would get stiff, relax, stiff, etc... They told us to leave, and they would come get us when she was waking up. About 15 minutes later Dr. Robinson came and said she had a cavity on both sides, but she did great. We then got to go be with her. She was totally fine, but still sleeping. She slept for a long time. When she finally started coming to she was so funny. They told me she would be mean, but she wasn't! She kept saying, "I Brrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee." Then she started puking. They gave her some medicine and said as long as she could keep it down ten minutes we could leave. She did, and we left! She came home and was still out of it. She couldn't walk for a long time. She and Jake snuggled in the camper for a couple hours, and then she was ready to play! She played most of the evening. She got really red about 7, and I blamed it on the heat. Chazzy cooled her off and she went back to normal. She went to sleep and around 10 I noticed she had a little rash, and she was red again. I called Andre and she said she was probably just getting all the nasty stuff out of her system. I cooled her down again, and she is back to normal! Thank goodness, because tomorrow Brilee heads to California for 6 days with her Grammy and Poppa! Jake and I don't know what we will do without our little cub. She is super excited to go (why wouldn't she be?)! I asked her the other day if she was driving to California and she said, "No. I to little. Grammy drive." haha! Watch out California!
Still out of it. 
Resting it off...
AWWWWW back to her normal kitty torturing ways. The lucky kitty was pushed in the stroller for about 45 minutes tonight. 
We tried to cut the hay tonight, but the ground is still to wet. The swather kept getting plugged up, and so we had to quit. Tomorrow it will be perfect though! This rain has done miracles to our hay field! I have never seen it so thick and tall. 

1 comment:

Amy Elaine said...

That's crazy -- I didn't know that they knocked little kids totally out for the dentist! Probably good though... I wish they'd do that to me. Haha, well I'm so glad she handled it like a champ and it went well. Good luck with all that hay! Love you, Amy