11/16/09

First Black Eye

Brilee got her first black eye today at work. She used my chair to pull herself up and look around. I thought it was so cute that I started looking for my camera. Within seconds of standing up she moved the chair and made a nose dive for the floor. Her little eye smacked the corner of the wheel, and it left a nasty welt. She started screaming so hard I was sure she would pass out. I ran her outside (it was freezing cold) and that got her to stop screaming. She then cried for about fifteen minutes after. Everyone at work started teasing me that I had hit her, which at the time wasn't funny!  I have been warned this will not be the only bruise Brilee will get in the next couple of months:( Brilee is fine now, and here is a picture of her battle wound.
The worst part is in the corner of her eye which you cant really see...

7 comments:

Kami said...

Oh poor baby! :( I hate that!
As a mommy I can relate!

BreAnna said...

Poor Brilee! That sounds like that hurt really really bad:(

Amy Elaine said...

Aw, poor sweet girl! I bet it was even harder on YOU though! I love you Kels, can't wait to see you!

Kelly W. said...

I would love to see you guys! We have to meet up, even it it means driving to Lake Arrowhead! I'm so excited!

melissa said...

Poor thing! It's always so sad when they hurt themselves, especially at that age. But don't feel bad, it isn't the only one she'll get kids will be kids! :)

The Guymons said...

Hey Kelsey it was good to hear from you. She sounds like she would get along great with Kam he is always getting hurt every time I turn my back. We will have to get together and let them play.

Veronica and TJ said...

Oh sad:( Thats no fun for her poor little eye. It happens to the best of us:)