4/2/14

April Fools Day

I love April Fools Day! I woke up and went to cross fit, and didn't really remember what the day was. Somebody said wouldn't it be awesome if this workout was a April Fools trick? As soon as I heard that I turned to Julie and said, "I'm taking your kids to school!" I didn't know what I was going to do, but I went home and thought it over. I remembered how the kids saw a woman who looked out of place walking up our road on Saturday and it scared them. I then worked up a great plan! I filled Jake in on it and we loaded up our kids. We went to the Michaelson's and grabbed the girls. Right when we started backing out I said, "Oh crap! I forgot my phone." Jake respond with "Oh no. Mines at home on the charger." We drove up the road a couple of miles and then I slammed on my brakes a bunch, and turned the car off. I started freaking out that the car was ruined. Chaz says, "Or you didn't put gas in it." Jaylie instantly starts crying and saying, "I am NOT WALKING. I am not walking. You can't leave us here alone." Jake said, "Jay we need you to go get your mom. But you can take Bri." She was flipping out! Bronson kept telling Jaylie, "It okay Jay. It okay Jay." Bri started cry, and Chaz's eyes welled up with tears. This was no more than 30 seconds. Then we yelled, "APRIL FOOLS!" We all started laughing and had a good rest of the drive planning more tricks. When we got to Vernal Bri stayed in the car and we fooled Grammy by telling her we left Bri in Roosevelt. It went well. Then Bri planned a big trick on Papa… and I heard he was fooled too! Just after lunch Amber Batty texted me asking me to help her with a prank. I agreed to it, of course! She told me to call Marsen furniture and ask to speak to a manager (her husband). Then she told me to go off about a mattress I had bought there, and how I had received horrible service. So I called. I asked to speak to the manager and I went for it. I told him how disgusted I was with there service, and how nobody would call me back. I told him his workers had taken pictures of the mattress and agreed with me. I told him I needed a new mattress. I was mean, and he felt bad. He was trying so hard to help me but I had used Jenny Laws' name and she isn't in their computer system at all. I complained about employees (all because Amber told me too). At one point I said, "Sherri is NEVER around to help me and that's who everyone tells me I have to talk to." He said, "She's standing right here, let me put you on hold so I can discuss this with her." I kinda started getting nervous because I REALLY didn't want this innocent woman getting in trouble. I texted Amber (who was watching the whole thing) and said what should I do now? She said keep going or call it when you want. I knew I couldn't do much more so when he got back on I said, "And I have one more thing to say… Your wife wants me to tell you APRIL FOOLS!" He was so mad. He kept saying, "Who is this? I need to know who this is?" I just hung up the phone! Amber texted and said, "hahaha he is so mad at me. This was so funny." I responded, "Anything to make a marriage happy." It was a good one!

Around 2 I picked Bri up and told her no more jokes! We were heading to kindergarten testing. She was so excited. We got to the school and they took her RIGHT back. They told me 30-40 minutes. Luckily, Erin showed up right after us so we could visit. After about 30 minutes Bri came back and we went and talked to one of the counselors. The lady said all of Bri's tests were perfect and our only issue is she tends to wrap her thumb around her pencil occasionally (my thumb is ALWAYS wrapped around my pen). They worry about that because they don't want her wrist to get tired. She said she excelled on all of their tests; her vision is great, and her hearing is perfect too (now she has NO excuses why she won't listen to me!). They mentioned her left ear tube is in place and functioning, but they didn't say anything about the right. I figure it must have fallen out… Dang! The lady gave her a high five and said, "We can't wait to have you in kindergarten!" Brilee just beamed! We went back to Grammy's and Bri walked in with a frown and said, "My kindergarten teachers don't want me." Grammy had a look of shock until Bri yelled, "April Fools!" Then she played them same trick on Granny, Grandpa, Annalee, and Andre. She got them all good! Next year I have to get Jake somehow!

No comments: