10/17/13

Back to Work

Well, it finally happened. A deal was reached (or delayed until January 15). Last night President Obama signed, and then the emails and texts started coming through. We weren't really sure what to do. At 10:30 when I went to bed I had talked with Hank, Scott, and Mike and we all had come to the agreement we weren't working until Friday. So, I didn't set an alarm and Jake went elk hunting. I woke up with Bronson at 7, and checked my phone at 7:30. I had six new texts. They all were from the people I had been talking the night before. Each one of them said, "Come to work". I got on my email and sure enough "Thursday will be considered a normal work day. Time will be due as soon as possible. Meetings will take place today." UGH!!! I was late on my first day back, and I didn't have a baby-sitter!!! Just how I hoped the first day back would go. And then I remembered Jake hunting. He didn't have service (but he did get an elk). So, I made my plan for the kids (and looking back I should have just taken them to Josie... Lesson learned!), got us all ready, and headed to work. I wasn't the only one late. It was good to be back. We had lots to catch up on... Tomorrow will be a normal day, and I am so ready to get back into the normal routine.  (Really these past three weeks have just got me so excited for my winter time off!)
 Bronson is a knuckle head and thinks he is too big for his high chair. He really just wants to do everything and be everywhere Brilee is. If she lays down he lays down, if she jumps he jumps, and etc... It is adorable. We have pointed it out to Bri numerous times and explained how she has to be good so Bronson will too. She takes it very serious. (Today he was crying in the car that he wanted out and she said, "Now Brother you don't see sister crying to get out. I am just sitting here being good.")


 These kids love their stick horses. The spend all evening running around the basement with them.

 We snuggled every afternoon while Bronson napped. So fun!
 I took the older girls to Wingers and out for pedicures. (We were supposed to be in Cali but with the whole shut down I didn't dare go). Jay Bug got Carly's signature drink... Vanilla Rootbeer so we had to send her a pic. 



No comments: