7/4/13

Fourth

Today was a good day. It started out like any normal day. We woke up, Jake changed wheel lines, I got ready, Jake came home, we got the kids ready, and headed to Vernal. Today I had the kids dressed all festive and cute. We dropped them off and headed to work. Jake was working in fire today, and I had the parade to deal with. Jake had to patrol down South, so he took off early. The parade was so fun. I saw lots of people, and it wasn't too hot. The kids loved watching the parade with Grammy and Papa. I decided since I had come over to Vernal and worked half day already with the parade that I may as well just work a full day. The kids played until I got off. We then headed to get fireworks, get dinner, and wait for Jake to get off. He finally got off and we headed home. Jake changed wheel lines again, I got the kids bathed, and put Bronson to bed. Then we played in the garden, and we are currently trying to wait for it to get dark so we can light off our fireworks. Brilee got her patience from me... so it'll probably still be light when we can't stand it anymore. It was a fun/chill day!
UPDATE: While my pictures loaded we lit off our fireworks. Granny and Grandpa came over, and Brilee had a blast. Her favorite were the sparklers, of course. Afterwards we all just sat on our front porch and watched all of Roosevelt light off their fireworks. Soon our neighbors started lighting theirs. They had a mishap and one shot into our field and caught it on fire. Jake hopped on the 4 wheeler and the guy lighting them had water ready so it was no big deal. We were just so relieved no one was hurt. We then watched Roosevelt City's big Centennial show, and now we are headed to bed!












I have always loved the 4th of July! It is such a fun and exciting time. As a kid I looked forward to the fireworks and BBQ's, but more so, Uncle Brian's birthday. I don't know why, but his birthday always impressed me. I knew only the coolest people could share a birthday with AMERICA!!! We would always have carrot cake and ice cream. Looking forward I realize only AMAZING people can have a birthday on the fourth! I miss Uncle Brian. I am so thankful I have all the good memories. He was such a good Uncle, and guy in general. He always made us feel so important, and he took time for us. He made it so we would always have special bonds. The memories I cherish most are the ones of us just hanging out at Grandma's house... not doing anything special, JUST HANGING OUT. I am so grateful for all the time he took out of his life when we would come to Lake Arrowhead, and how often he came to Utah to see us. Now, as an adult, I realize how hard it can be to take time. But Brian was always there and willing to have fun! I tell Brilee about Brian frequently, and tonight she asked if the fireworks were for him. I assured her they were, and I know he is on our minds every firework we see.







No comments: