5/21/13

Twinkle Twinkle Little STAR!

Tonight was Brilee's first dance recital. She has been so excited for this day for a long time. What is better than wearing a beautiful costume, putting on make-up, curling your hair, and plastering your body with sparkles? Not much in the mind of a four year old. We showed up at the middle school right on time. I walked her back stage and heard Taunia tell all the moms the girls were good, and moms should head to the audience. I made sure one of the older girls would be Bri's designated baby-sitter before I left.  Bri was so grown-up and told me "Bye. See you when I finish." It's nice having an independent child, but I still worried about her. We headed out to our seat and waited for it to start. Bri was number ten, and by number two Bronson was getting bored. Luckily, I had twizzlers in my purse to get him through. Every time people would clap he would get all shy then proud because he thought everyone was clapping for him. It was so cute. FINALLY, Bri took the stage. I could tell she was looking for us the whole dance, but she still managed to dance. She was so cute, and had so much fun. We picked her up after, and headed to Grammy's. Elly came over and gave her a flower. She was so happy, and kept asking if Elly waited for the bee to fly off the flower before she picked it. Her reward for doing so well, Papa gave her a thumbs up, which means... SLEEP OVER! She had a wonderful night.

 Bri and Scooter got to play together all day Saturday... It made her so happy!
 After playing all day Saturday I got to rock her to sleep! I was so happy. 
 We had a horrible day at the dentist. Bri's teeth are just not good. After hearing the horror of what is to come with her teeth (caps, pulling front teeth, etc...), I was feeling sick. We were in the waiting room making our follow up appointment and Bri said, "I'm going to puke." I felt the same way, but she was serious. She started puking right then and there. I was so over the whole situation. After a couple days to think things over Jake and I have a new game plan that we both feel comfortable with. So life is better.
AND HERE IS THE STAR! Such a beautiful fun girl!

No comments: