5/18/13

Life

Life has been busy. I don't really know that we have done anything "big", but the little things seem to keep us running. In the passed couple of weeks we have done lots of yard work, planted flower pots, played with kittens, ate dirt (Bronson), swam in mud (Brilee), been on some fun runs (me), and have been bear hunting in the Book Cliffs (Jake). I love this time of year, but it feels like you never have downtime. We get home from work, and go inside 15 minutes before bed time. Dathan has moved back in, and Brilee is the happiest little girl! She loves having him here. We are loving this weather, and can't wait for an awesome summer!
 Dathan and Kailsy are so good to play with Brilee. She looks up to them, and loves them! 
 Brilee's pre-school had a Mother's Day brunch, and it was so much fun! I love my little girl. My Mother's Day was also great. We spent the day at the cabin, and had a hot dog roast with most of the Birchell family! Perfect day.
 Here she is waiting in line to get my brunch. Pre-school has been so wonderful this year. I am so glad we put her in. She has learned so much, and grown in so many ways. Her teacher told me a funny Brilee story that I have to share. The class was learning about police officers, firefighters, and teachers. They were having all the kids vote on which profession they would want to be when they grew up. When it was Brilee's turn they asked her which she would choose and she said, "No. I'm not going to do that." They persuaded her to just give them an answer and she firmly told them, "No. I'm going to be a roller skater. You can ask my Mom." Needless to say, her vote was never counted. 
I got to spend a lovely day at the Ouray Bird Refugee teaching scouts about prescribed fire. 





He loves his hat, and he loves to laugh. Oh he is just adorable!!!! We were at the doctor having a follow up on his asthma after he got over his cold. Dr. Staker is still treating him for asthma. We will do one puff daily on a steroid inhaler for the next while. 

Mylee, Dathan, and Kailsy had cheer practice with the little girls at our house a couple nights ago. Brilee is fearless. I told her to fall back and let Dathan catch her, and without missing a beat she fell back. Luckily, he is quick and actually caught her.

No comments: