4/6/13

The Results

Yesterday was the big day for Bronson. Jake, Bronson, and I woke up at 5 and hit the road thirty minutes later. We got to the doctors office 30 minutes early, but they got us right back. I LOVE Primary's. The doctor was awesome, and gave us complete reassurance. He answered our million questions, and provided us with lots of quality information. We decided the best test for Bronson would be the scratch test. The nurse came in and put the stuff all over his back. He instantly started reacting... to everything. Jake and I were freaking out. The nurse said we really wouldn't know anything until the 15 minutes were up. So I began walking the halls with Bronson to keep him entertained, and I can't hold still. Finally the timer went off, and I looked at the reflection in the mirror and saw the only one that looked different from the negative control was the egg. I knew that was a good sign! The doctor came in and confirmed Bronson cannot have egg whites, but everything else is good. Such a relief! The doctor also told us he believes Bronson will outgrow this allergy soon. He believes within 6 months he should be able to eat foods with eggs baked into them. We will go back out on October 6 and have him take a baked food test with the doctor. I will make cupcakes and the doctor will feed them to Bronson and watch his reaction. Jake and I were so happy leaving Salt Lake and felt like we heard just what we wanted to hear.

No comments: