4/20/11

Tylenol

I am NOT a fan of Tylenol Meltaways. Brilee doesn't like the liquid medicine, and so I bought her them. She loves them. She thinks they are candy. On top of having strep Brilee's two year old molars are trying to come in. She woke up last night in a lot of pain and so I busted out the medicine. I got the Tylenol, but then decided to go with Ibuprofen instead. I gave her the medicine set it above the couch (which is multifunctional, and also serves as her bed). I woke up and got ready for work. Brilee was still sleeping so Jake said he would just take her to Jenny when she woke up. Well, she woke up and Jake didn't hear her. She is rather sneaky. She figured out how to open the child proof Tylenol lid, and decided to have herself a little treat. Jake found her with her fists full of the pills. He put them away, and called me. He couldn't tell if she had eaten any. I googled it (of course), and talked with people at work. I went to Wal-Mart to see how many tablets were in a bottle, and decided to talk with the pharmacist. He scared me to death, and told me to get her to the ER immediately. So I did. I didn't even call work to tell them I had left. I ran to the camper got the bottle, counted them (there were 12 left), went to Jenny's, and we headed to the doctor. I was scared and so I was crying. Brilee kept asking me, "You bite? Daddy bite you?" In her little world the only reason anyone would cry is if they A. Bite someone or B. get bit by someone. We got to the ER and they got us right back. The doctor took her blood and said he wanted us to stay at the hospital to do a couple more blood test. Brilee hated having her finger poked. She keeps talking about "mean Dr. Staker poke me."  (Dr. Staker wasn't even the doctor, but whatev.) The blood work all came back negative, and so LUCKILY we were sent home. This was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I am going to do everything in my power to not be so complacent. AUGH! Rough day... luckily for us we were home just in time to take a three hour nap together! 

4 comments:

The Nybergs said...

Sad! Glad all is well!

Kelly W. said...

That Brilee! Leave it to her to open a child proof cap. What a terrible feeling during the ordeal. Happy to hear all is okay.

Matt and Kaylin said...

I'm so glad everything worked out. My sister has the same problem with vitamins and the child Tylenol. Emily thinks they are candy so she has to hide them from her. Hopefully she gets feeling better soon.

Amy Elaine said...

Oh my God, Kels... you poor thing! That sounds like a nightmare, I'm SO glad everything is okay. Tell that sweet girl "Happy Easter!" and I hope you both have a more relaxing day today! Love you.