10/4/10

Book Cliff's

We have a spike only elk tag this year, and we plan to do all our hunting in the Book Cliff's. Jake and I love it down there, and are excited to spend some time there. Saturday we decided to take our camper down, find a camp spot, do some scouting, and get wood. After driving for almost five hours we found a BeAuTiFuL camp! It was a long drive, but it will be worth it soon. After we set up camp we went to scout for elk. We got out of the truck and immediately heard elk bugling. We saw around 15-20 elk and there was a spike in the herd. We were excited! We went back to camp, cooked dinner, watched Aladin, and went to sleep! We all slept so good. Jake woke up early to go and scout. Brilee and I were going to go with him, but when I woke her up she said, "nononononononono". I agreed with her so we went back to sleep! Jake saw two spike elk together right off the road, and so we are feeling pretty good about our hunt! When Jake got back we ate breakfast, cut wood, and made the long trek back home. It was a nice weekend, and I am really looking forward to spending more time there. 
Brilee spent the first hour screaming from her car seat, "I WANT OUT", the next three hours sleeping, and the last hour driving on Dad's lap!
WHERE IS BRILEE? It's a good thing we thought to put the orange bows in her hair!
She loves camping.
Our family at our beautiful camping spot!
She was exhausted after getting wood, and slept almost the whole way home. YA!

3 comments:

The Nybergs said...

I am soooooo excited for this weekend!!!!!

Kami said...

I love the bookcliffs too! My family spent a lot of time camping there when I was younger. Still love it. Have fun!

Unknown said...

I love the orange bows! A few more hours and I get to see our baby girl! I can't wait!